Archive for Experience of Contraceptive Implant from 2005

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had the implant injected on the 15th of febuary .since then i have gained weight which i do not have a problem with as before i could not put any weight on and this might sound crazy to others but i am very pleased with this side efect i have also not had a period either.this might be a case of my body getting used to the implant either way iam happy my partner of course seems to be a bit annoyed way the weight gain but tough.

[i:95ee2abb2f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:95ee2abb2f]

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I used the depo injection for two and a half years and thought it was too good to be true! I had no side effects and no more painful periods, no periods at all actually, which was bliss and as I could never remember to take my pill, which done nothing to help me with my long, heavy and painful periods any way. But it turned out that it actually was too good to be true. Nearly every tooth in my mouth has a cavity and as I have had no change of diet or brushing/ flossing routine over the past two years I can only assume the decay was caused by the jab. I have found many other women online who have shared this experience, many who have actually had to have all their teeth removed due to being on the jab years without any warning of side effects, and have I found that the cause if the decay is due to the body producing too many hormones after the shot and not enough calcium. So to anyone reading this who thinks the depo may be the best optoin for them please speak to your doctor first. The dentist is my worst nightmare and I have never had to have a tooth extraction in my life but it looks as though I'm gonna lose most of them. I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through this.

Oh, and I have been left with three two pence sized pock marks on the top of my bum where the depo ate away at my flesh, not very attractive!

sad

[i:1bea9d4e8c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1bea9d4e8c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.