are my symptoms due to gallstone ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone,

i started 2 yrs ago with burning gnawing feeling in my stomach and was wretching all the time, was diagnosed with gastritis after gastroscopy and so took omeprozole, however symptoms did not improve,  

now i have "discomfort" for want of a better word upper abdo above belly button i feel nauseous and then i am actually sick which makes me feel better, i also have orange colour bowel movement and bloating, i have no constipation,/ diarrhea.   i sometimes have pain under my right shoulder blade

ad another gastroscopy which has shown i have a small gallstone,  no gastritis, no ulcer no cancer, the surgeon has sugested i have gallbladder removed,

my question is are my symptom really gallstone symptoms?

or something else.

i feel its an easy option to  put it down to gallstone,take it out and  "see "  kind of thing.

can anyone help with these symptoms,

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, everything you have said is exactly like gallbladder probs. 
  • Posted

Orange colour bowel movements are certainly indicative of gallbladder issues. You are not digesting fat properly and the job of the gallbladder is to squirt bile from the liver into the small intestine to break down fat. I have had ongoing issues with my GB for the last 7 months and at one stage my bowel movements were chalk colour and were accompanied by chronic pain. My Dr said that there may have been a gall stone that was blocking the common bile duct at that time but thankfully for me, it must have passed. 

Everyone has to weigh up the risks and benefits of GB removal and sadly, it's not an easy decision. I have done indepth research and have discovered that removal isn't always the answer to all problems as the gallbladder does play a very important part in the digestive process and is not as trivial as Dr's like to lead us to believe. 

I would say do as much research as you can and then make an informed decision but don't ignore it because it will only get worse if you do not make certain life style changes and even then, it doesn't always go the way that you would hope. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi cassicastle yes sounds like gallbladder problems. Firstly omeprezole actually cause and aggravate gallstones something doctors don't tell you. Have you tried a naturopath. Apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon in a cup of warm water 3 times a day will help dissolve the stone. Also ichol plus is a natural remedy which is suppose to dissolve stones too. I had mine removed due to 1 large stone in December. Unfortunately I've been living a nightmare Ever since. Doctors don't tell you of the dude effects of this operation and many people experience side effects which can last weeks or months and in rare cases years. I took my surgeons advise and did dork to several people prior to the op and they all said you'll be great afterwards. Unfortunately I wasn't and when I spoke to these people again after the operation found out they've nearly all had some sort of side effect some worse than others. Some can't eat certain foods now or drink coffee or red wine. Some have constipation and some have diarrhea. This operation is not all we are told it is. My biggest regret is that I didn't try alternative remedies first. My advise is to try everything else first before having this operation. Take care x
  • Posted

If a surgeon has suggested you have your gallbladder removed, I would do that.

I had gallstones which were really painful and had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago.

Still having one or two problems but hugely better than I was with the gallstones. Get the wretched things out I would say.

Good luck with all this

Take care

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I had similar problem as mentioned in your opening statements: I did do ultrasound a year ago and found out that my GB was mildly inflamed,never felt good,gases, dizziness ocassionally etc. Opt not to take out and then a year had passed. Second attack occured again with dark urine, yellowish eye for few hrs, then I knew I had a blockage preceede by the upper abdomonal pain.

I remove GB on may 18 2015. So much better,this depend on who your surgeon is matter most in outcome. You should speak with your GS to remove.

I live in the USA so not sure about how its done in the UK. One thing we all shre the same concerns. hope u can fell much better

• Posted

hi all,

thank you so much for all your replies, you have all been so helpful.

It is a really tough decission to make as i am so worried

about the symptoms after removal however...

on monday i had my worst attack and i now have no doubt

i do have gallbladder symptoms, it started with very bad pain between my shoulder blades i took the apple juice and apple cider vinegar wow

within 15 mins it had gone !! amazing relief, but then i started to vomit and vomit and vomit.. i felt so ill and i had to come home from work, and then go to bed, i now have pain right side ribs and around the side to the back it hurts to cough feels swollen,

i go back to see the sugeon on 10th june to give him my decision

and i think its going to be .. get the damn thing out  now!! so i can live my life. ha ha. i will keep you posted, Thank you all again smile     

• Posted

One thing I should say would be a good idea is to give your self time to have the after effect subside before removing the GB. For me it took approx a month for symptom ect to settle down from one attack.

My GB was in chronic state when it was removed on May 18 2015. keep us posted

• Posted

harrington40

hope your doing ok, , wish you a speedy recovery, 

• Posted

Yes, Thanks to God! I'm recovery very well. I had a single post surgey pain tablet. No pain just the wound due to the lapro incisions. I was amazed my surgeon said I had lot of stones, for a skinny guy. It was good I took it out now.  I had my done at a learning hospital was scared jus knowing the fact the hospital was a teaching hospital..lol
  • Posted

hi guys,

well got my appointment to see the surgeon brought forward to today,

expalined all my symptoms and explained that if my symptoms are not that of gallstones i do not want it removed just to see if the symptoms go, if it is then take it out

he agreed.... said that we do like to take the gallbladder out but in yor case i dont think  its  the solution, he does not think my symptoms are due to gallstone, because i dont have pain at the front of right rib cage, although i had it to the side,

he thinks it maybe something else, bearing in mind i saw his colleague a few weeks ago who was just waiting for me to say yes, then surgery would have gone ahead i would have been gallbladderless..  he has ordered another  ultrasound scan .. maybe thickening of the gallbladder wall, also blood test for calcium and liver, i am now at a loss as to what this is,but i still have niggley feeling it is due to gallstones

any thoughts????

• Posted

I'm pleased you are looking at every option. I am in your situation atm making sure that it's my gallbladder causing the problem . I'm not sure what may be wrong Hun but I'd like to follow you and see how u go and hope u get sorted soon . It's not nice having all the pain.i would ask though to have an endoscopy to rule out ulcers/gerd etc I have just had all that ruled out this morning in hospital xxx good luck Hun
    • Posted

hi peasblossom,

yep had an endoscopy all ok no tumor gastritis or ulcers,

good luck to you too,

i will keep you informed

xx

• Posted

I wonder if you figured it out what is it ?

I have very similar symptoms to yours and no answers .. my pain started sep/ october 2013... I was taking birth control which i think it trigerd all off this what im dealing now with . I went to see my doctor and because she was awy someone else saw me .. Told her all my symptoms pain under the rib cage and in my shoulder blade .. She said sounds like you have gall stones .. So i was like ok nothing to be afarid off.. She send me for ultrosound and blod test and i thought ill have my diagnosis and will be fine .. But week after they called and they said your results are normal and you dont have to come see your doctor .. But i still went she told me maybe i have acid reflux and she prescribe me something for that . it dint help but i didnt went back . I was treating like i have gall stones some days were worse then others . my mom got me pils called pidan pashi pan to brake down the gall stones and i felt a lot better after taking it and plus evo with lemon juice helped a lot .. But then i coulnt get those pils because they dont have din number .. So tjis is where my symptoms started to worsen .. Now i have pain every day and night since nov.. Its always there sometimes in fron sometimes in my shoulder blade .. Went back to my doctor ofcourse ... Prytty much since january i had Ultrosound, chest xray , gastroscopy, and now hida scan .. But goung tomorrow to see my results . and also my doctor send me to physiatris to se if im making this up because tests show nothing .. Im really afraid what elso could it be .. I always thing worst.

Ive been also going to see this holistic practitioner and shes doung biofeed back for me .. She says my problem is in my liver .

• Posted

Also other symptoms i forgot to mention is i lost a lot of weight ..about 15lb so far .. Im afraid to weight my self .. Also have ornage pop and feel nosiated sometimes but not to often .and i do get headache over my right eye. i drink dandelion tea every night this seems to ease the pain .
    • Posted

Hi izabelask,

Sounds like gallbladder problems. The birth control pill And other hormone drugs are well known triggers for gallbladder problems. These Drugs increase your estrogen levels. The liver is responsible for balancing you hormones and when you have too much estrogen the liver can't process it and the bile becomes thick and sluggish causing gallbladder disease and/or stone formation. can also cause ovarian cysts, irregular periods and fibroids. Your therapist is correct the problem stems from your livers inability to deal with the excess hormones. You need to detox your liver with milk thistle which will in turn balance your hormones and help your liver and gallbladder function better. Also helps get rid of cysts and fibroids too which all stem from the liver. Unfortunately I found all this out after I had mine removed 6 months ago and it hasn't been a positive experience for me. You need to address the underlying problem in the first place. Dandelion tea is also good for the liver. Also stop the birth control if you can and keep away from antacid drugs too as they will only make things worse. Good luck. Xx

• Posted

Thank you for your coment.

Yes i stoped birth control long time ago but the pain didnt go away . And my doctor got the results from hida scan and its at 19% ejection fraction . she wanted to book me for surgery but i chose not to go . i told her i will try natural medicine first and if this wont help surgery will be my last resort .

after this i went to some chinise doctor i was referd to through my family member . he put me on chinise medicine for 3 weeks i have to take .. He said it will take 10 weeks to cure my condition . so far its only few days im taking this medicine.. I will follow up with him next week . i will post how i feel leter.

Thank you smile

• Posted

Chinese medicine will definitely help you. I've been doing acupuncture for the last few weeks and last week she put me on herbs and told me to slowly increase them to 4 pills a day which I took yesterday. Today is the first day in 7 months that I don't feel sick and feel ok. Hopefully this is the beginning of my recovery. I will always regret the operation and regret not having tried everything to save my healthy gallbladder. Unfortunately like so many I just took my doctors advise. I wish you the best of luck with the Chinese medicine. Let me know how you get on. It can take 2 weeks to take full effect. Take care xxx
    • Posted

This is my 4th day doing chinise medicine so far its ok .. Less pain but still there .

He did acupuncture also to open up chanels..

And yes after reading peoples coments after surger i defintelly didn't want to do it.. Doesnt always help .

I will keep posting how my treatment is going

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.