are my symptoms due to gallstone ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone,

i started 2 yrs ago with burning gnawing feeling in my stomach and was wretching all the time, was diagnosed with gastritis after gastroscopy and so took omeprozole, however symptoms did not improve,  

now i have "discomfort" for want of a better word upper abdo above belly button i feel nauseous and then i am actually sick which makes me feel better, i also have orange colour bowel movement and bloating, i have no constipation,/ diarrhea.   i sometimes have pain under my right shoulder blade

ad another gastroscopy which has shown i have a small gallstone,  no gastritis, no ulcer no cancer, the surgeon has sugested i have gallbladder removed,

my question is are my symptom really gallstone symptoms?

or something else.

i feel its an easy option to  put it down to gallstone,take it out and  "see "  kind of thing.

can anyone help with these symptoms,

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can only tell you my own experience here.

I was diagnosed with gallstones at Christmas 2014 and had my gallbladder removed 5 weeks ago.

I never had nausea just bad pain in my right side and stomach cramps after eating.

While the pain in my right side is a lot better I am still having stomach ache after eating and am still finding out what I can and cannot eat.

To me if you know you have gallstone and you are in a lot of pain then having your gallbladder removed will help. You can then go from there and see what happens.

Take casre and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

hi everyone,

well here i am 5 months later!!, another gastroscopy, test for celiac disease, blood test and ultra scan,all normal apart from a small 7mm stone, december last year it was 4mm.

my main symptoms are pain in the  upper middle  abdo area  above belly button,  feeling neaseus, retching, and sometimes actual vomiting,no pattern to it as to what i eat.

i have had 2 occasions where i have had pain side of right rib

and pain between the shoulder blade with vomiting, but nothing major where i need pain relief,  i take apple cider vinegar and this helps,

ok .. so i go back to see my surgeon who says he does not think my symptoms are due to gallstone?  because i dont get the pain in the right area for it to be gallstone, he cant find a reason, and  as he put it... nothing mechanical, but has put me on waiting list for gallbladder removal as at some point i will have a problem,

i having sleepless nights wondering if i am doing the right thing, although i think well... what else can it be it must be due to  the gallstone as they cant find anything else wrong with me,

the symptoms are really effecting my day to day life,  and makes me feel really miserable. i think,  could it  be  maybe i just dont have the typical

gallbladder symptoms................ is this possible? 

any comments or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

• Posted

When I had gallstones and talked to others who had had them my pain was not in the right place either.

I mentioned this to one of the GPs and he said that does not mean it is not gallstones.

To me if you have a gallstone then go to someone who is prepard to remove your gallbladder.

I had mine removed at end of April as in the post above.

I stillget stomach ache sometimes and rend to get constipation. But I am a lot better than I was when I had gallstones.

Hope things settle down fo you

Take care and keep in touch

Sarrah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.