Are statins and blood pressure meds affecting my exercise

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been cycling for 8 months and experiencing more and more muscle fatigue than what I'm used to. I'm currently taking 80mg of Lipitor and 25mg of metoprolol, I've had a double bypass almost three years ago, and I'm on some psych meds. Anyone know of a sports medicine doctor that can help?

Thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sure there not good for our bodies. As with you, Ive done the research on the cons of statins. I have been on for a year after my seizure med caused mine to elevate. One of Tegretol side effects. With that was the interactions and side effects of the statin. I cut my 40mg in half and will see in my next test on the difference. Either way my plan is to be off of them for the truth about them.
  • Posted

LIPITOR can do severe damage to your muscles.....research it. I took it and i damaged my dominant knee and wrist.....doctor laughed at me....lipitor blocks many things coming out of the liver, including CO Q10 an enzyme that is needed by every cell of your body,...to repair, regenerate, etc.   Athletes taking lipitor should take a muti-supplement of  CO ENZYME Q10 to help prevent muscle deterioration during exercise.   I quit lipitor and now take FISH OIL CAPS FOR OMEGA 3......lipitor should only be taken in severe situations. If possible, get off it...Ray//////canada

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.