Are these genital warts?

Posted , 27 users are following.

I have these bumps, are these genital warts? image

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Edited

These look more like regular pimples. Do you apply some sort of oil or skin cream to your penis regularly?

• Edited

No, I don't . Should I? Dermatologist says its sebaceous glands

• Edited

As Jnf rightly points out these are most certainly sebaceous glands that have become irritated. I was asking about the oil or skin cream as this could be a potential source of the irritation.

So the irritation is most usually chemical based, even a particular soap or shower gel can be enough, or even soap powder in some instances. Or there could be some friction action also taking place - for example if you masturbate by applying your fingers or other form of pressure in the area, AND there is a chemical irritating the skin as well, this can all irritate the gland so that it swells and becomes noticeable.

What usually happens is the irritation dissipates and the glands return to being unnoticeable again ...

• Edited

sebaceous hair follicles. ie folliculitis

• Posted

Is it curable or transmissible? Sometimes just itch but not only in that part necessarily

• Posted

Thanks for the input, to check it up I need to go to dermatologist or urologist

• Edited

Neither, look at your balls. We have them all over. there called sebaceous glands

• Posted

Thanks for pointing this out, I often refer to these as simply being 'naturally present' so yes, I need to say what they actually are for others to look up for themselves if they wish to. On this occasion I erroneously referred to them as pimples, rather than specify that they are actually sebaceous glands ......

• Posted

There is no simple answer to this, but if you Search for images of Genital warts eventually you will be able to distinguish between the two: in simple descriptive terms with the image above there is no 'disruption' or disease element to the skin itself, whereas with a wart the skin becomes irregular, broken and usually completely unlike and stands further away from the surrounding skin.

I cannot post external web site addresses on here but if you do a search for the following term:

• Pictures of STDs - Herpes - Genital Warts - Gonorrhea - STD Symptoms - web md
    • Posted

I think the Word "disruption" make the things easier to get understand . Im really worry about the hpv thats why I posted in first place. I'm scared I could have some warts or some high risk strain, could you have some comforting info about it? Or maybe a opinion?

• Posted

As I say, I agree with Jnf as to what these are - they are a natural part of the skin of the penis, they only look like this because they have become irritated.

If you want a professional opinion see a Medical professional such as a Doctor .....

• Posted

Hi, its me again, can you give your opiniĆ³n about another bump, its located in the outer foreskin

• Posted

Basically, anything that is in regular contact with the skin can be a potential irritant - this is why I asked in one of my initial responses yo you " I was asking about the oil or skin cream as this could be a potential source of the irritation ".

Quite often it can be a combination of things contacting the skin regularly acting along with circumstances in the area - for example if you regularly ran almost everyday the groin region would often experience warm damp conditions, then clothing can play a part in holding the warmth and the moisture in the area. Say the person running applied some form of body oil earlier in the day in the groin region then these factors could combine together to create an overall irritation.

This is why we start with things that are present in the area most often such as soap and shower gel, and other forms of body wash. Then you have to consider what else the individual may do regularly that can impact on the skin to irritate it - such as massage a little baby oil into the entire penis, some other form of skin hydration, a Lube for sex or masturbation. Then if such a person applied a restrictive device, such as a leather strap to maintain an erection for sex or masturbation and they used this several times a week for 2 or 3 hours at a time then this can all add together to create sufficient irritation.

These are just illustrations of potential scenarios, men do lots of different things that give particular circumstances and create the irritation. Few males do not use soap and / or shower gel and other forms of body wash, many males wash their hair in the shower for example and this gets onto the groin region, and basically most soaps and shower gels are based on the same thing as washing up liquid - here is something I grabbed from the internet, for example:

" Traditional soap bars tend to be made with harsh, skin-drying ingredients, and whilst plant-based formulations are available, soap bars usually have a high pH. As most of us will have slightly acidic skin, this isnā€™t conducive to healthy skin. "

Essentially, try to think of things from the perspective of the skin in the whole of your groin region. When you take a shower actually spend time using the running water to make sure all body cleansers have been rinsed away. Think about what happens for your skin on the shaft of your penis - what do you do regularly? do you apply things regularly to the skin? Again, another example, some men naturally have oil present on their fingertips from sebaceous glands, if they masturbate very regularly then the position in which they hold the penis will be irritated from the oil itself, and a friction action between contact between the two sets of skin.

Things can get quite complicated - so you have to think of the broader, more global perspectives of what is regularly going on in the groin region, and then locally, on the skin of the penis itself ......

• Posted

Looks like a regular wart, or irregular growth of skin that you can get anywhere on the body - if you want to be 100% sure ask a Doctor, or better still a Dermatologist.

Many go to a doctor with things like this on the penis as they think if a sex partner sees them that may put them off having sex, usually a doctor will say this is purely cosmetic and refuse to do anything about it. There are a few Regular / Family Doctors or GP's who are happy to do minor surgery and will remove them, but these are few and far between ......

• Posted

Did you find out what this is? Mine came up from nowhere, is less than 1mm, no itch, no pain, no swollen vein, nothing, just showed up

• Posted

No, a regular wart can appear on any skin anywhere on the body. A genital wart can only appear on the genitals or anogenital region. This looks like a normal regular wart of skin growth imperfection - but do not take my opinion, get a medical professional to check it for you ....

• Posted

Thanks for the input, I searched for gw and those images does not fit with mine, anyway.. I need to see a Dermatologist or urologist?

• Posted

my dpctor said something about an over grown fordyce spot but idk man when u find out let me know

• Posted

Any Doctor can define this for you, if it is easy for you to see a urologist or dermatologist, then obviously do .....

• Posted

But if you already been checked by a doctor, I think you should not been worried. I hope mine is not a gw or I dont have any a normal thing

• Posted

Thank you, next week I will have an appointment to my urologist to get it checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.