Are these HPV warts?

Posted , 5 users are following.

7 months ago i had my first sexual encounter and 3 weeks later I had a few bumps in my groin area that were confirmed to be genital warts at a GUM clinic. I was given warticon which got rid of them within a couple of weeks. For tge past couple of months i've felt small bumps and itching in my anal canal so I decided to take a look and found bumps like this. Are these warts? If so do you know how I can remove them? I went to a GUM a few days ago and had an anoscopy but the doctor said she couldnt see anything. Personally I dont think she even looked properly. She also said they dont treat internal warts unless they cause problems.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You might want to try another doctor. You know that our interpretations of observations are subjective and that we see things differently. Therefore, what this doctor cannot see might in fact be seen by another person probably because the second person has better sight. Posting a picture, if possible, could help.
    • Posted

The moderators for this site usually remove links, I guess because it is against their policy. But check out the attachment below with illustration on how to attach pictures. 👇. In the mean time, I'll check out your link before they remove it.

• Posted

Oh ok. The moderators definitely won't take down your link because it's a link that points to this website. So, you're good. But make sure to see the attachment on my previous reply.

As I said in my first comment, check with another doctor; I believe that the current doctor doesn't have very good vision, otherwise she would have seen the clearly visible growth. Don't be alarmed; I really don't think it is anything that serious.

I'd had sores on my penis that were uncomfortably itchy and that would bleed. I kept ignoring it until I just couldn't deal with it any more. So, I went to the doctor and two female doctors assessed it and gave me a topical cream and some tablets, I believe. But that was all the treatment I received and it was permanently resolved. This was more than a decade ago, and I didn't even know there was such thing as herpes at the time. The sores were really bad.

• Posted

Have you had outbreaks since? Also, what do you think these growths that I have are? Warts or herpes? I don't think topical treatments are an option for me because of where they are located, but if they don't start to get better within a few weeks I think I'll go to a different clinic for a second opinion. 

• Posted

Honestly, I have no idea what those sores were. But everything resolved within few weeks of using the cream; the cream actually started working within days of using it. This happened about 14 years ago, and it has never repeated, not even once.

Of course topical is strictly topical and cannot be used on the mucous membranes. It's a good idea to seek a second opinion.

• Posted

Hey Dave what cream did you use, a prescription or over the counter type cream?
    • Posted

Hello George. I don't remember the name of the cream, but it was a prescription. It came in a white and red tube. That's just about all I can remember of it because it's been over a decade ago.

• Posted

Hey Anthony just curious of your sexual orientation, are you gay? Reason being I have done all of my STD test and passed but haven’t done anything for HPV since for men not having symptoms can’t prove anything. Wanted to know if contracting HPV in or on the anus, is caused by sex there or because it might’ve spread.
    • Posted

Hi George, I had both insertive and receptive with another guy, using condoms. I know that you are more likely to get anal warts if you have receptive anal sex but I know that it's also possible for the warts to just spread to that area too. For the record, the first few warts I had were actually in my groin area near the base of my shaft. It also took many months before I got the anal warts and I genuinely believe that they just spread to this area later. That's if, what I have actually are anal warts. I'm still not too sure. Maybe you could take a look at give your opinion? https://patient.info/forums/discuss/are-these-anogenital-warts--657609 I hope this helps.

• Posted

They don’t look like anal warts at all they might be caused by friction since lubrication is not naturally produced like a vagina. I would strongly suggest staying away from sexual activity for a while and try whipping with moisturizing whips without fragrance or bathing directly after number two. 

Try also not forcing anything when doing number to to minimize pressure in the area. You should wait to see if this method would heal itself after a few weeks but seeking advice from a urologist would be better.

Hope all goes well and stay healthy, never stress and stay positive.

• Posted

I doubt they are caused by friction because I haven't had sex in months, haven't been straining during bowel movements and I'm already pretty gentle cleaning there. Anyway, I'll give it a few weeks to see if they heal but if not I'll head to a clinic again. Thanks for the advice.

• Posted

You may want to see another doctor or try another cream. Many months ago, I got my vaginal warts treated successfully with Vidarox. I remember the doctor said that this medicine could treat anal warts as well. To be sure, you can ask a doctor or search online and contact customer support for help. 
    • Posted

Hey em, I can't really apply a cream because they are internal warts, just inside the anal canal. I looked up Vidarox and it does say for external use only. I've been applying apple cider vinegar as I heard this is good for removing warts but the pain is unbelievable and its difficult to apply. Not sure what else I can try. I'm still not too sure if they are even warts. Did your vaginal warts look anything like this? https://patient.info/forums/discuss/are-these-anogenital-warts--657609

• Posted

My warts looked similar to that, but they grew into a small group. Apple cider vinegar can cause a lot of burn and irritation so you should be cautious. Also, I heard that internal warts are highly contagious and these can be more difficult to treat. You should see a doctor to confirm if they are warts. And, abstain from sex until you get them treated completely. I knew that eating foods with vitamin C can help control warts. Take care. 
    • Posted

Hi Em, it's really frustrating because I've already been to a GUM clinic and the doctor said she couldn't see anything when it's clearly visible. On top of that she told me they only treat warts for 'cosmetic reasons'. Not sure if going to another GUM clinic will make a difference as they are all part of the NHS in the UK. I feel like they will tell me the same thing. Thanks for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.