Are these Lexapro side effects normal??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on Zoloft for 4 weeks and had a horrible time on it so my Dr switched me to Lexapro 10mg Daily. Today is day 6 on Lexapro and I feel horrible. Shaky, no appetite, anxious, nausea. When do these side effects go away and are these even from the lexapro? Please help. 

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You have to be patient first 4-6 weeks, they are the worst,  usually gets worse before gets better..and  you will be your normal self again...
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. It is so hard to be patient. With all the switching my Dr had me doing it’s been 2 months of torture. I’ll try and be patient with the lexapro. Hoping for better days ahead. 
    • Posted

You will get there... It's the normal process of Lexapro.. Just b patient..post when u need to.. We will share what we know...Take Care and know that you will get better in time... It is a hard thing to do but better days are ahead...

• Posted

I feel all these meds just don’t agree with me out of the blue. Woke up panicky thinking of going to work. Think I might need to take a leave of absence. I cry because this has been going on for 8weeks between all the switching of stuff. I wish Lexapro would work fast or maybe I should just stop all these meds and see how I do. 
    • Posted

Nickie54 is right..  you have to b patient.   don;t give up..  i am on lexapro 15mg for only 10 days and i am still going thru it.. what mg are u on ?  did the doctor give you any other meds to go with it.. was on 10mg for 34 days.. its going to take time... i feel better as time is passing.. i am sticking to the 15mg til i see my doctor again in april 17th.. 
    • Posted

I’m on 10mg. I have no appetite and no energy. And a constant shaky feeling. It’s awful. I want to cry. Today’s day 9, but tried Zoloft for 4 weeks prior. I’ve been feeling bad a while now. I have clonazepam as needed but don’t want to take it often. Please tell me it’ll get better soon. 
    • Posted

Hopeful.. Pleas do not stop meds all of a sudden it can cause many issues... It can cause overload and go into seizures.. So if u choose to go off have a Drs. Supervision.. It will get better I've up my Lexapro to 12.5 and I'm also having side effects this is day 6 of 12.5 and week 7 of 10.0mg. It's been a journey of 3 months but that's just how I've had to do the meds. Because I'm sooo very sensitive to the meds... Hope everyone will hold on .. Time is the answer...Keep on posting if u need to...🤗💞😇

• Posted

hopeful341 i am now on 15mg for 12 days and i am slowly getting to feel like a person..  i have a way to go..  but i do take xanax when i really need it..  Nickie54 has it right...  she seems to be helping me alot..  i could go into my hole history but everyone is different on those dam side affects..  i don;t want to to to 20mg..  so i am praying that i won;t have to.. will know in a few weeks when i go back to doctor.. let me know how you are doing?    and listen to NICKIE54  i am....   hang in there....
    • Posted

I’m on day 13 of Lexapro today. I feel slightly better than I did 2 weeks ago which is good. Appetite still sucks and this shakiness is still lingering. Wish there was a way to make that go away. How r u?
    • Posted

i am the same..  still shaky but not as bad today..  i am able to eat dinner now and i can eat at night.  but still bad in mornings..  but everyday is different.  i wish i could snap my fingers and POOF  i am better..   make sure you eat...   i always feel nausaus ..  but after i eat not as bad.  i hope you continue to be good every day .. you still have time to go.   if this is the right med for you u will get better sooner ... let me know how your doing.. everyday.. i would like to know.. and i will do the same..  tomorrow will be 15 days on 15mg...i still have time for the 15mg to really kick in..   i don;t want to move up to 20mg..   keep me posted   k   biggrin

• Posted

Ok. I’ll keep u updated on how I’m doing. My Dr wants me to try clonidine 0.1mg to calm down my symptoms. I’m so not wanting to try that tho. Another med to mess with scares me. Plus it can drop my BP so idk if I’ll try it. I’m the same as u with appetite. None during day until dinner time. Then I can eat some. I just want this shakiness to stop. Going to try and keep positive and push forward. One day at a time. Talk to you soon. 
    • Posted

i am going to also go to my gyno for hormon check and see if i am out of wack because of that..  who knows the Clonidine sounds like what i need instead of xanax.   i don;t want to take them but they help me with my shakes..  i am ok right now since i made it thru another day and at night i am calmer.  i just want to be normal feeling again. (i mean as normal as i was..lol)  i really hope that this is the med for me so i when its ready to work full time it wil..  i just want to and everyone one out there that has this problem.. my goal is to take one less xanax per day..   push forward.  talk again..  
    • Posted

How are you feeling now on your 12.5mg dose? How many days have u been on that dose? My morning anxiety is so bad I can’t stand it anymore. Moved up to 15mg yesterday.  I need to feel like my old self soon. This is getting ridiculous. sad
    • Posted

This is day 14 of my extra 2.5 and 8 weeks of 10 mg. so yes I'm on 12.5 and my side effects r lessening daily.. I'm still having the flat feeling and a little nausea but I take 5 mg. of the am and 7.5 at night.. I choose not to take all of it at one time because I'm very sensitive to meds.. And my Dr. Agreed for me to do it that way.. My side effects have not been horrible but it's not been a cake walk either.. If in another week I'm not feeling more up and less low and flat I may decide to go back down to 10 mg. but I'm better than I was 3 months ago for sure... It's just a slow process and you must give it time..keep posting if u feel u need more answers.. 😊

• Posted

HI I have just been put on 5mg to add with my mitazapine , been on mitazapine for 6 weeks does nothing for anxiety, day 3 on escitalopram , cart feel any difference yet,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.