Are these Lexapro side effects normal??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on Zoloft for 4 weeks and had a horrible time on it so my Dr switched me to Lexapro 10mg Daily. Today is day 6 on Lexapro and I feel horrible. Shaky, no appetite, anxious, nausea. When do these side effects go away and are these even from the lexapro? Please help. 

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The first 3 weeks aren’t fun but...the benefits will outweigh the risks. If you need something for nausea, get the OTC named Emetrol, It will work. The Doc should have not had you take escitaloptsm alone. .5 mg Ativan or 400mg gabapentin twice a day, in my opinion. Stay with it, give it a chance for 6 weeks. Hang in there.
    • Posted

has it really worked for you.. i will get some if you think that will help me.. not as bad with feeling sick.  so i will ger some 

emetrol... thanks.. 

• Posted

Dave- did u feel better after 3 weeks on Lexapro? I’m on day 15 total, 13days on 10mg and 2 days on 15mg. Just trying to see how much longer I have to suffer based on others experiences. Thanks. 
    • Posted

I’m actually only on day nine of 10 mg at night. I took an hour ago and I am quite drowsy, as usual. Are you still having side effects on 10 mg? I ask because if it were me, I would not increase the dose until side effects go away on the 10mg. I think this is a great medication, I am staying with it for several months, to see how it does. I really am confident the side effects are going to go away, maybe as soon as two or three weeks.
    • Posted

Dave .. This is Day 15 for me on 12.5mg. I've been on Lexapro for 14 weeks.. Started out slow and have worked my way up to 12.5mg. I'm still having side effects from bumping up to 12.5mg. But they r easing up like they have each time I have increased..it's just a process..I'm going to stay on the journey..it's soooo much better than it was b4 Lexapro.. But not as good as the end result will b.. I just need more time...Take Care ..😊

• Posted

does the Emetrol really work. woke up feeling terrible .. feel better now..  i will pick some of that up thanks..
    • Posted

hi hopeful341    i just talked to the pharmacy where i am picking up my meds..  i am going to pick up what Dave said.. Emetrol. pharmasist said it is good.  i thought i posted on dave;s post.   but wanted to let u know that i am going to try it.... will let you know... 

• Posted

I increased to 15mg yesterday and feel way worse today. More anxious than ever. Why is this so hard?! Wonder if I should stay at 10mg longer. It was only 2 weeks on 10mg. Help!
    • Posted

OMG..  I5 MG IS TOUGH..  I AM GETTING USE TO IT BUT IT HAS BEEN 17 DAYS FOR ME.  I WANT TO GO BACK TO 10MG BUT I WILL NOT GO ON 20MG.  I FEEL OK TODAY .. ARE YOU ON ANYTHING ELSE TO HELP WITH THE ANXIOUS FEELING.. THATS WHY I TAKE XANAX TO HELP WITH THE TRANSITION.    CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM/HER THAT YOU NEED HELP WITH IT..  DO YOU WANT TO CALL ME.. I HAVE TALKED TO 2 OTHERS ON THE PHONE AND THAT HELPED ME,  856-455-0602  I LIVE IN NJ.   WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.. 
    • Posted

You’re on 15mg for 17 days and still feel awful?? Gosh- I can’t wait another month to feel better. I need to go bk to work on the  23rd and that freaks me out. I took a clonazepam 0.5 which helps for a bit. I seriously hate this. Maybe nothing will work for me for this anxiety. It’s ruining my life! sad
    • Posted

I GUESS YOUR NOT GOING TO CALL..  TALK TO ME..  I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN MORE..  I TALK BETTER THEN I WRITE..  
    • Posted

IF U THINK THAT WAY IT WON;T WORK..   ANXIETY SUCKS...  I CAN EXPLAIN MORE  

• Posted

What were ur feelings on 15mg? How long till they let up a bit? This morning anxiety, nausea and no appetite is what is unbearable. Or maybe those symptoms are just my anxiety and the med isn’t working at all. It’s hard to say. I seriously want my life back. All I do is wait and wait and wait to see if I’ll feel better the next day. And nothing changes. I know I’ve only been on lexapro 15 days total but I just can’t stand this. Thanks for listening   
    • Posted

I AM TRYING REALLY HARD TO THINK POSITIVE.. SORRY ABOUT SO MANY POSTS BUT MY HUSBAND KEEPS COMING IN AND BOTHERING ME..LOL..  THIS IS NOT A FUN THING TO GO THRU BUT YOU HAVE TO THINK POSITIVE..  DO NOT STOP TAKING ANY OF THOSE MEDS... 
    • Posted

I’m sorry. I can’t call now because my family is home so it’s hard to have a chance to talk freely. I’ll see if you are around tomorrow -if I feel up to talking and try you then. Thanks so much for responding 
    • Posted

oky doky.. tomorrow is saturday and i have my grandson here.. so call if you are up to it and i will talk to u.. i need it too...   
    • Posted

15mg is killing you , I would go back to 10mg. Keep taking your clonazepam, that will save you. This is an incredibly potent SSRI. I am on 10mg, at night, the dizziness and drowsiness is pretty strong, but I’m staying with it. I won’t go above 10mg, based on what I’m experiencing. If 10mg is too high, take 5mg for a while. Unbearable side effects usually confers too high a dose. With  Lexapro, higher doses normally means more side effects, not necessarily greater efficacy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.