Are those genital warts? What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I noticed that bumps started appearing around my vaginal opening about 3 weeks ago, but I didn't know what they were and I thought they would pass quickly. However, they grew in size and also spread to the labia minora (the bumps circled in the second picture that aren't that visible). From what I've read online, I'm pretty sure they are genital warts. I live in a small town that doesn't have a gynecologist, and because of quarantine I won't be able to get to one soon. Is there a way to cure them at home or to stop them from spreading at least? I read that castor oil is a safe method even if it takes a lot of time.

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Yes they look like warts . ive heard tea tree oil , diluted apple cider vinegar helps

• Posted

Thank you, I'll try with diluted apple cider vinegar. Do the warts go away by themselves over time?

• Posted

well i have genital warts as well , so ive been doing research . some say it goes away overtime , and some say you need some type of anti botic from the docs

• Posted

Yes i went to the doctor i was in denial at first but she did a swap and came back and said i have warts

• Posted

Dear teodoraa,

Yes, these are genital warts. There's also a cluster of warts in the lower third on the same side (about 2cm below the smaller white circle).

Licenced treatments are either podophyllotoxin preparations (marketed as Condylin liquid or Warticon liquid or cream) or imiquimod cream (Aldara). Unfortunately you'll need to get a prescription for these.

Some patients have tried apple cider vinegar, but because it's liquid it has a tendency to spread and burn the surrounding skin. Others have tried making a sticky paste using baking soda and applying the paste to the wart/s with Q tips or cotton buds. Use with care!

Do you smoke cigarettes? If you do, please stop smoking as the toxins and tar, etc that you inhale can affect your immune response to fighting infections, including HPV.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Posted

I have recently stopped smoking cigarettes, thank you for the advice.

I'll try to use apple cider vinegar. Do I have to remove the upper layers of the warts with an emery board?

Do the warts go away by themselves over time?

• Posted

no warts dont go away by themselves they usually require acid or freezing off u would be better off booking in to see a doctor at some point as warts can also grow internally on the cervix so u would need to have an examination to check that theres none further inside

• Posted

u shouldnt use apple cider vinegar it burns the skin get some proper treament for it of a doctor make sure u get a proper diagnosis off a medical professional before attempting to remove them yourself

• Posted

I can't do that at the moment because of quarantine and I believe the lock down is going to last a few more months.

• Posted

Hello Kim, can the warts become flat for 3 weeks then appear again same place ?

• Posted

Do not use Apple Cider Vinegar on genital warts that on vaginal opening(soft mucous membrane). You need TC Acid treatment or freeze by Doctor. Also ask Doc to check if you have genital warts internally. Avoid shaving even your warts not on hairy spot. Boost your immune system by taking some basic supplements (Zinc, Vit C,B12,Mult Vit & etc), Green Tea extract, Beta Glutan, AHCC( Bit pricey). Btw how old are you?

• Posted

I am 18. Do the warts also go away in time? Are the treatments pricey? I can't go to a doctor right now because of quarantine.

• Posted

Yes. They can either go away, stay the same or growing. Most infection clear within 6 months The TCA treatment is cheapest for me. I got mine treated with TCA. Hpv infection clearance begins at 6 months depend on how strong your immune system. That why support from supplements and healthy lifestyle is important to beat the virus. For this time being just have healthy lifestyle (basic supplmnt/healthydiet/workout/mind etc) since you cannot go to Doc. It can help the warts from keep spreading at least for now. Try avoid touching down there too much when you have active genital warts to avoid self-inoculation.

• Posted

yes they look like warts and you also got something on the inside of your vagina as well but using apple cider is not a good idea especially if you have a sensitive vagina...(take it from me) you could use castor oil and many other mild oils that wouldnt really disrupt your vagina or make the breakout even worse. also certain foods can help slow the growth rate down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.