Arthroscopic Surgery SIX weeks ago, Have been in EXCRUCIATING pain ever since!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had an MRI before my surgery that showed that I have a badly torn rotator cuff, inpingement, bone spurs, and arthritis. Surgeon didn't do any repair to the roator cuff, because he said he didn't see a tear. I have been in EXCRUCIATING pain ever since my nerve block wore off, and thats with pain meds, Ibuprofen, ice packs, and Gabapentin!! The radiologist confirmed last week that, yes, I absolutely DO have a suprastinus tear, greater than 50%. Saw my surgeon today, asked him for an MRI, so we can double check, and he said no. He said that the MRI would come up positive for a torn rotator cuff, even if I don't have one, because of the inflammation from my surgery. Does anyone know if this is true? I don't care who's right, or wrong, I just want to be diagnosed correctly, and to stop hurting. The surgeon told me that I have a frozen shoulder...which doesn't really make sense to me, because my surgery was only 6 weeks ago, and I have been doing my physical therapy, as directed. Also.....I read online (on several sites) that to properly diagnose a frozen shoulder, a MRI should be done..so why not do one anyway??? Any answers I will be grateful for. I'm about to go to the E.R. ๐Ÿ˜žI just don't know what to do...Thank you.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For one thing change your doctor! I just found out mine is a quack and put injections into a nerve then hurriedly said it was into a muscle when it should have gone, as usual, into a joint! ย I am losing faith in doctors. I now am trying BIORESONANCE. We should turn our backs on these old dogs doing old tricks and go for something new in the world of pain medication. Give it a try.
    • Posted

Yes, I am definitely changing my Dr...I am just waiting to get my arthrogram done๐Ÿ˜ž. Here it is 8 Weeks after surgery, and I am still in EXCRUCIATING pain!! This is SO ridiculous!! I am 100%positive I have a ve
    • Posted

A very bad tear!!!๐Ÿ˜ž

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.