ASCENDING AORTA ANEURYSM.

Posted , 23 users are following.

I'M 62 YEARS OLD AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN ASCENDING AORTA ANEURYSM OF 4.4 CM. HAD A CT ANGIO SCAM OF THE CROSS -SECTIONAL DIAMETER BEING 44X42 mm Nine months ago, now with anothe CT ANGIO Scam its 40.9 x 39.4 mm. Cardiologist told me it shrunk sum. Can this be possible ? I lost 28 pounds and my blood pressuer is 109/69 almost all the time. Can an Ascending Aneurysm Shrink ?

4 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

i have had an aorta dissection. it is something to be scared about. i was in the hospital for 84 days. i have a 4.0 or 3.1 depending on which reading you believe. i think mistakes are made. i dont think they shrink. its been over 5 years since my dissection. i exercise but im careful. ive lost weight and i keep my blood pressure down.

i have great doctors. i have to eat healthy to keep my acid reflux in check. every souce ive seen says they dont shrink. wait until you get another reading and see which size is confirmed. my advice is dont worry if they can shrink. be happy with the smaller size and let life go on. either it shrunk or a mistake was made and you will never know which.

• Posted

Dude That is GREAT YES they Can shrink Loosing weight andand having Keeping That BP is Beautiful . Look , I woke up IN recovery, Literallyknew Nothing about what the hell happened after months recovering I learned and Pieced the story together I suffered an Emergent Type A dissection at 1 am October 8th 2009 , 31 days In hospitala year later a Popliteal artery was also repaired leavin me with one In the other leg at a close to "normal size" too me those Op and about 10 year and afibcardioversions and ablation to get my BP down in the range your talking about there I still take Meds But have reduced them down a couple and Im happy as are my docs watching You r diet and exercise and all Have had a great affect on you You need to share the story every day do or did they ever attribute Your issue to anything ? genetics or disease or cholesterolor anything ? Any family members even a couple Gens ago that were doing good But boom they were gone? obviously you wont know for sure unless You were tested geneticly for Aortic disease related genomes ( and it would be something if you have kids and grandkids ... that they know and get tested for

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.