Ashamed but yes I was irritated

Posted , 15 users are following.

If any of you are on IG then youve seen the video of JLO celebrating her FIFTIETH birthday jamming out whipping her head around rocking out if not then im sure youll see it on tv or youtube. Im 48 with the chills everyday, dry as chalk all over yet endless vaginal mucous, head and sinus pressure everyday, vivid dreams/nightmares....the symptoms are endless crying one minute then wanting to claw someones eyes out the next minute, anxiety, not going to functions..... yada yada. I know i shouldnt judge and clearly she doesnt have your average lifestyle, I know that but yes ill admit it i was very salty watching it and wanted to launch my phone across the room haha.

5 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes not sure how shes functioning at her age and showing no signs of slowing down either, maybe has all the right meds hormones and doctors! Or maybe it hasn't yet started for her yet... I know some of these stars are very good at hiding it and others are clearly suffering, like wendy willams, heather locklear, celine dion poor woman all the wrinkles and weight loss those to me are just a few of menopause hitting them hard..

• Posted

I am soon to be 54, been in this now for 5 years and I am still waiting on the weight loss part to hit, I have the wrinkles down pat along with many other things, still no weight loss.....lol!!!

• Posted

No don't wish for the weight loss part, its no good! I struggled with it for over a year I was one of those girls that maintains her weight or just could not get off that last 10 pounds... And I was so sick with nausea and eating my weight was getting scary skinny.. I need to watch everything I eat because not peri menopause but rheumatoid arthritis and hashimotos so everything I eat causes inflammation in my body.. But recently I've added extra things that my body is tolerating and I'm back to that 5 to 10 pounds above what I need to be.. But was scary and weird being opposite of what I normally was with weight.. Hormones definitely can cause wright fluctuations either way, and either way isn't good, better to be able to just maintain ...

• Posted

I am sure she has tons of doctors, massage therapists, eats what is recommended by her nutritionists, trainers and everything and everyone at her disposal.

Not to mention make up artists, hairstylists, dress designers and definitely plastic surgeons. It is not the same for us ordinary women who are fumbling their way through life too tired to care what we look like.

There really is no comparison and she is lucky to be where she is in life

• Posted

Patti, I agree. We can't compare ourselves to JLo. The woman has a net worth of 400 million. But what I have noticed is that she's not dating guys in their 20's anymore. Alex Rodriguez is 46 or 47. He made a comment that he was so sore after dancing all night at JLo's party he could barely get out of bed the next day. Also, remember we're only seeing snippets of her life, we don't see her 24/7.

• Posted

My daughter is like "wow, can't believe JLO is 50!!" grrrrrrrrrr

Even Jane Fonda is 80 and doesnt look old.

That's Hollywood

• Posted

susan,

yeah - you're right...she doesn't have an average lifestyle and I'm sure she has access to doctors/nutritionist/ you name it to keep her in tip-top shape. Not to mention she looked trashed and she is a performer...so if anything was bothering her, I'm sure she's used to hiding it "on stage" which she basically was being it was recorded..

Still, I get it though...kind of nauseating for us regular "paupers" that have to get up and take care of our average lives without much help 😃

I mean...who looks like that at 50 anyways? She got personal trainers/ chefs/masseuse/again....you name it , she's got it! 😦

• Posted

Yes I saw that video.. I'm tired by 8 and all those ppl would be too much for me.. too loud and lights flashing.. No, I'm not 80 -- I am 50. There are ppl like that all over-- I see them at the high school and some parents who are my age still go out and have a good time over the weekend.. I sit and listen thinking how nice & how they do that?

• Posted

yesss. the high school, grocery store, and ball games. ugh! The energy they seem to have kills me. I get up in the morning and IF I got any sleep I think about a couple of places I would like to go. Then a few hours later I'm like never mind too tired. just like it is 5 AM here and I have been up since 3ish. i wont be doing any cartwheels today...and that's sad that I already know how crappy I am going to feel today. Jesus take the wheel! Good morning ((hugs)) to you ladies

• Posted

Hey 2chr2015,

Hugs to you! I promise you, if you make even 15 minutes to lift light weights, jump rope, dance...cartwheels 😃 ...something, each day...you will feel a lot better! Please try it, you are too young to feel so old. I live in FL and the heat is from hell and, with my hot flashes, the thought of exercise kills me but I do it. Not every single day, but at least 5 days a week. Put aside a few minutes in the morning to move your body and it will start your day positively. ❤️ -K

• Posted

HI KAZJO. thanks for the motivation. i sure need it. lol. i live in the middle of georgia...so yeah feels like being in an oven here with NO BREEZE. we want to move back to florida one day.. i am going to attempt to do some exercise tomorrow. I am 2 1/2 weeks post gallbladder removal...and i just had a plate and screws put in my foot in february bc i broke it. lol. it has not been a good year. so it will be slow. my husband plays golf in this heat. idk whats wrong with him.

• Posted

Yes Jane Fonda i forgot about her. Those are some good genes thats for sure. Yes Celine Dion looks like shes not well I feel so bad and ppl are so mean on instagram wth the comments they make its just awful and these are adults. It just blows my mind how cruel ppl can be. Yeah I know ppl like Jlo and Jane Fonda are an exception and god bless them they have the money to do different things, I was just having a sulking moment and then saw that video and it was like salt in the wound haha

• Posted

Hollywood had the best Dr's. these women have the money to take care of themselves. Mentally, physically and emotionally. We cannot compare ourselves to them or else we will go crazy. we all have to work with what we have. Try to figure out what is best for you

• Posted

I get it totally. These celebrity women at peri or menopause age walking around like they're in their 20's. Wtf? Do they just play for the camera and go home and have a meltdown? Do they feel as good as they look?

• Posted

No. They're probably like a melted welly when they're off stage and away from the cameras - I know I would be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.