Aspiration

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone actually had their hydrocele aspirated ?

And if so what was their experience ?

Did the hydrocele return ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I did about 6 months after my 1st surgery.  It was great but it only lasted about a week.  The doctor said he wanted to show me what it was like.  I guess he felt bad after the first surgery didn't take.  Thanks doc!

There's a whole forum of guys that are aspirating themselves.  It started with a guy using a tool to bleed brakes.  I am not kidding.  I hope I dont have to resort to that.  

Another bad thing about constant aspiration is, that region is so sensitive that you will begin to accumulate contusions from constant needle pokes, which in that area can be painful.

However, I understand.  Sometimes a mans gotta do what a man's gotta do.  Surgery isn't always an option due to lack of money or assurance in the medical community.  I've heard guys say, no way would I ever let anyone cut me open down there.  Yet they're OK using a brake bleeding kit from the auto parts store every week. 

• Posted

However, it won't hurt you to do it once, or even a couple of times.  But just know it's very temporary and you can only poke your balls so many times until you do create a painful problems.  

One thing, if you do have it done, there is an injection that I heard about that might reduce the chance of reoccurence.  Ask your Urologist.  I do not remember the name, I did not have that shot with my aspiration.  I found out about it afterwards.  I will try to find what I'm referencing. 

• Posted

Am 26y old and sudden epididmo orchitis came to me and after couple of days hydrocele has formed. After 10 days i visited an andrologist and he aspirated my hydrocele it was size of tennis ball back then. Now after hydrocele is done i can touch , feel my testis and epididmis again the epididmis was still swollen and hard as well as the testis was swollen . The hydrocele starts to fill up again after only 24 hours. Now i knew i had to resolve the primary cause first in order to completely remove hydrocele.
  • Posted

I spent a year researching this treatment with studies from around the world. It is a no-brainer. Just had sclerotherapy done with 3% Phenol a few days ago. For those of you in the western US, try Dennis Mitchell PA at St George Urology in St George, UT. He did a great job. Don't know if it worked yet but to have a 60-70% chance of getting rid of this thing first try, a few hundred bucks, no pain, and going about my regular activities same day, it was so worth it. He said the few times he had done it, two of the three didn't come back. Another guy who'll do it is Dr Adams in Cedar City, UT. My wife spoke with his office and he said the one time he did it, the guy was in pain for a few days but the hydrocele didn't come back. It's a waiting game for me but had such a good experience I'd do it again. Have follow up appointment scheduled in January. Good luck everyone.

• Posted

Sorry the treatment I refr to is aspiratio with sclerotherapy. Tons of studies online look it up and get it done.
    • Posted

Hey Zach, how is it going 8 months later? Did it return or was aspiration with sclerotherapy the permanent

solution? If not permanent how long did you experience relief? I need an affordable option until I can afford the surgery. Thank you for sharing.

• Posted

Unfortunately it returned, but no bigger than before. I had only a few weeks of relief. I'm scheduled to have it done again 8/23. I did research on using 99% alcohol and polidocanol foam since an ultrasound revealed a single thin septation, and alcohol is powerful and has has success in other types of septated cysts, and polidocanol in foam form increases the effective sclerosing surface area. The PA who is doing it took my research and says he is also researching these, and will have a plan by the time I go in. It felt defeating for it to come back, but I am determined to get rid of this thing, and all the studies have a percentage of people that require 4-6 sclerosing treatments before they are cured. I'd be elated if i can even get reduction to half its size (current size 250ml). I'd really just rather not have the healing time and possible complications of surgery. Though, the more times it doesn't work, the more I'm tempted to just say screw it and have surgery. I'll post here with my results, and the Topixs urology forum.

• Posted

Aspiration by your urologist is easy and takes only about 5-10 minutes.  In addition, it is painless.  So, stop walking around with an orange in your pants.

The surgery isn't bad.  They put you under, drain the hydrocele, make about a 1.5" slit in the testicle skin and either withdraw the hydrocele envelope or stitch it shut.  Not sure what was done with mine.  I didn't have a lot of pain but I took oxycodone for about 2 days as needed.  I was back to work in three days wearing loose clothing.

• Posted

I had two aspirations, no success. I had on Aug 11 surgery. I regret about it. My advice: go for aspiration.

If you need one aspiration per year, it's good enough. If you need aspiration per each 6 months, it's good enough. If you need aspiration more frequently, think about surgery.

• Posted

hi there, would you mind sharing WHY you regret the surgery? It's now 5 months since you had it. Would really appreciate you sharing your experience. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.