At my wits end

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi I have had hot flushes day and night for the last 9 years, had no sleep in 9 years either as the hot flushes wake me up. I have spent hundreds of pounds on herbal remedys but none work. I cannot have hrt as my dad died of breast cancer at the age of 58 so doctor won't put me on it. Is there anyone out there who could help me in any way thanks.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I feel your pain, I take FX Nutrition and haven't looked back, no night sweats and maybe one hot flush a day now, if that.  Google FX Nutrition and give it a whirl - it works for me!  Good luck xx
  • Posted

Make a list of what's been suggested Nanna ,try over the counter if not all ready then go for the rest .Something out there will be right for you ,females are pretty up on health stuff ,I keep a booklet for good things that have worked for various things and place a asterisk if good said by the ladies ,may help others ,hence the Melatonin .from my tinnitus site .Go see your dr and bring it up ,as a med .If in UK get it on a prescription .This is where it helps if one says where they are,we know by name what to give stuff out to try .Hope you get sorted real soon .
  • Posted

Try Magnesium and Zinc another one for sleeping aid ,as you go into meno your levels get depleted ,Jay on site if looking in is up on Vits ,hope she's looking in .

Just write all said down .I take Magnesium ,but for tinnitus  look up Vits .Maybe a combination would help you ,like these M and Z combo .

• Posted

HI nanna Sue I always got my melatonin off the internet just google it .  It did not work for me but i gave it to my brother and he swears by it for a good nights sleep.  you should try keeping your bedroom pitch black as darkness encourages melatonin production naturally. 
  • Posted

You can buy 5HTP from health shops. It supposedly works in a similar way to Melatonin. I know someone who tried it and she said it helped her to relax on a night and helped her sleep.
  • Posted

Hello Nanna Sue,

So sorry to hear that you are suffering with lack of sleep.

I  use the Nite time Magnesium spray from Holland & Barrett and also use Menopol Plus (simply supplements) which help with hot flushes aswell.see the reviews very good.

i have been using both for over a year and they both help me.

Another thing have you thought about buying a lady care magnet, my friend was really suffering with hot flushes so I bought her one and she swears by it and hasn't had any since last May when she first starting using it.

Massive hugs coming your way my lovely! 

Joy xxx☀️

• Posted

They prescribe melatonin for kids with ASD as they don't produce it and GP can prescribe as ours has just taken over the kids prescription. Sod's law I have a house full of it and it doesn't work on me, gotta be the 18 years of being awake at random times in the night that I can function on 4 hours sleep. If not buy it online from overseas.

have you tried a chillow? It's about £30 and is like a cooling pillow, doesn't half help keep the sweats at bay. Can't post links on here but just search for the company xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.