at the end of my tether

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

i'm sure there are plenty of people worse off but even with 2 cracked ribs these are nothing to the depression.

i'm on 45 mg Mirtszapine, now 100 mg Sertraline, 30 mg a propanol, 4 x 500 mg Cocodomol and 12 mg Diazepam.  Even with all of this I get constant palpitations during the day and can barely function, even to wash my hair.  I just wish I didn't have to wake up in the morning.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well Nessie, I take quite a few of the drugs you take and my husband always says he don't know how I stay awake,but I'm afraid you beat me,I don't know how your getting out of bed.  Who has put you on all these drugs ?  If I were you I would ask your Pharmasist /GP for a drug assessment your Pharmasist can do it with you because I think your probley taking one drug that may be counter acting another. You may be taking drugs you don't really need and there clouding your mind. So my suggestion is deffinitly get an assessment. Take Care 
  • Posted

Thanks for this.  I'm currently being seen by a GP and psychiatrist and so you'd think they would know what they're doing.  I'm loathe to give up or cut down the Mirtazapine as the only good thing about it is I sleep at night.  The Sertraline is supposed to boost my mood.  
  • Posted

The palpitations could be anxiety. The GP and psychiatrist should know what they are doing with the drugs. All you can do is try to relax but I know how hard it is, I've been there myself. Try to get through one day at a time, and treat each day as an achievement and one day nearer to feeling better. Depression is really horrible, I know but you can get through it and out the other end, in time. I wish you the best.
  • Posted

Yes you would think they'd know what there doing but believe me half the time they don't you have to keep an eye on your own health.  I've got a few problems due to the medical profession because I took in all I was told.  Mirtazapine has a higher sedative effect the lower the dose.  I take Diazapam but a much lower dose than you,I think it's a really good drug if you only use it as needed or it looses its effect. But I have a really good Pharmasist who gives me a lot of advise,and believe me sometimes he is better than my GP.  Try chatting with all 3 of the people responsible for your care about your Meds and take it from there and come to your own decision. 
  • Posted

Also Nessie ,the Sertraline may be to boost your mood, but the Diazapam especially the mg your on will bring your mood down.
  • Posted

Hi everyone

thanks for all the replies.  I didn't know Diazepam would lower my mood.  It's also been prescribed because I have a crushed disc at the base of my spine and cracked two ribs on 31 December and so it's also as a sedative.

• Posted

Hi Pixie

i've got agitated clinical depression and the early start of Parkinsons, as well as a crushed disc in my lower spine and recently 2 cracked ribs.  The agitation is constant and the palpitations and panic attacks are treated with a high dose of beta lockers, which just takes the edge off it.  I'm just in total melt down and can barely get through the day.  I don't even see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel and ifI could would just give up.  I can cope with the pain but not the palpitations and depression.  

• Posted

Hi Nessie

Honestly I do understand how bad you feel, and iI'm desperately trying to think of something to suggest which will help. You sum it up with the title of your post -you are at the end if your tether. Depression is such a cruel illness, it seems to rob you of every positive emotion, I found. Have you anyone you can talk to about how bad you feel? The Samaritans are always there to listen if you haven't got anyone else, or does your Mental Health trust have a crisis line? Please don't give up, do try to hang on in there. I'll be thinking of you. Pixie.

• Posted

Hi...

lI've read so many people who have trouble with the mirt at 45. Maybe ask your GP to lower it to thirty. People say they get foggy and unable to function on 45. Maybe consider it? It might help, and much luck I hope you improve quickly!!!

• Posted

HimRose

i've tried,30"mg.  my main problem is the constant palpitations, which even on 80 mg propanol only takes the edge off it.  It also takes about an hour and a half to kick "in" in the morning.  Basically, I'm a mess and the thought f changing to yet another antidepressant with the "weaning off" one and the time lag for the new one to start just appals me.  Basically, I've had enoughenough

• Posted

Hi,

so sorry you're feeling so bad. Did you have the palpitations before taking any of the medications? It must be one of them bringing it on? You need to get back to your doctor and figure out which one is the problem. I have heard of palpitations with mirt.mkeeping writing and updating how you are doing. I hope Ou get to a solution very quickly remember this is temporary..❤️

• Posted

Hi Rose

the doctors say it's a build up of tension from last year.  I had 4 cancer operations to my forehead, the last one was successful, then I witnessed an assault case which went to court and got threatening phone calls and finally developed a weakness in the muscles in my legs and ended up in hospital for two and a half weeks.  They're not 100% sure but think I may have Zparkinsons.  That's why they say I've got agitated clinical depression.  The palpitations are a delayed reaction.

• Posted

I'm so sorry about all you have been through. Sounds horrible. Yes I agree with Norma, go back and get the doctors to figure out a good way to sort out the medications so you can have some quality in your life. I'm not surprised you feel terrible. Keep posting and I sure hope you get some answers quickly...take care sweetie❤️
    • Posted

In America we call what you have post traumatic stress disorder maybe you call it the same there too. With help it will go away. I'm thinking of you!
  • Posted

Wow Nessie you sure have been through the mill. I can see why your so exasperated Maybe Rose is right you really do need to go back and pester your GP for some kind of help and releif from how your feeling, I can't emphasis enough go back and get some satisfaction. Just keep posting were all here for you.  Take care .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.