at the end of my tether

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

i'm sure there are plenty of people worse off but even with 2 cracked ribs these are nothing to the depression.

i'm on 45 mg Mirtszapine, now 100 mg Sertraline, 30 mg a propanol, 4 x 500 mg Cocodomol and 12 mg Diazepam.  Even with all of this I get constant palpitations during the day and can barely function, even to wash my hair.  I just wish I didn't have to wake up in the morning.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rose and Norma

thanks for your support.  It's much appreciated.  I dread going to bed as I know I'm going to have another day of the same.  I just want to spend my life under the duvet.

• Posted

No,no,no,Nessie get some help please.  You are better than that you are entiltled to some help.  To many of us just give up,don't you give up get some help.  Big Hug 
    • Posted

Ah Nessie...things get better, just hang in there till you can get your meds adjusted or get the help you need. Must be a hot line number where you can call and chat with someone who understands all that you have been through. Talking about it helps. Keep posting and I'm thinking of you fondly❤️

Rely on family and friends be sure and not isolate

• Posted

Pixie22 logging in after a morning spent steaming clothes in a Charity Shop! I took up the voluntary work when I was recovering a bit from the depression and it made me feel more worthwhile. I want to agree with Rose and Norma - you need to ask for help from your doctor if it's all too much for you at the moment. Now you've explained what has happened to you, I wonder if the palpitations are post-traumatic stress, a reaction to the operations and everything that happened to you. It's just a suggestion. I developed random panic attacks several months after emergency surgery when I'd nearly died from peritonitis. They did go away eventually, but I needed tranquillisers for a while.

I'm also rooting for you and wishing you well. We do understand how hard it is for you.

Pixie

• Posted

Hi Rose

i'm already on Propanol/beta blocker and diazepam and I've still got the palpitations.  I just don't know what to do and living alone with only the 4 walls to look at only makes it worse.

kind regards

Nessie

• Posted

Hi Nessie, if you can't get to see your GP have you thought about dialling 111 I spoke to them on Saturday and they can be really helpful,or even the Samaratians. If you talk to someone with some expertise you may feel better.  Both of them will give you some good advise.  Don't feel your being to much trouble because they understand.  Get some Help.                    Keep talking to us 
    • Posted

Hi Nessie,

yes living alone and being sick is the pits. Dial that number Norma gave ou and ask them if there might be an alternative setting until you get the palpitations under control. It's a shame you have to be alone thru this. I'm not that familiar with the way it's handled in England but I bet the Samaritans have some good ideas on how to get through this real rough patch ...keep us posted❤️💚💜💙💜❤️💚hugs

• Posted

Im on pretty much the same meds as you, and it seems like nothings working sad try not to loose heart. Keep trying different methods to calm you down when your aniexty gets bad. i walk my dogs, halps a little. 
  • Posted

Hi Skatterz

I used to have a dog, but unfortunately, in my current flat, which I own, I'm not allowed to keep pets.

i just wish all of us could find somewhere to meet up in person to talk about our problems.

• Posted

Hi

thanks for this.  The GP has passed me over to the psychiatrist who says she has given me everything to keep me calm.  I'm now wondering if there are any good hypnotherap DVDs available - either as a DVD of on you tube asI need something to calm me down and all 8'm being told is to go fofr a walk (despite the ice where I have already fallen) and distract myself.

• Posted

The question is not weather she has given you every thing she has, it's a matter I feel that you are being over medicated and that can be hell. To much medication perhaps reacting against each other. Ask her to help you wean down one at a time. I'm sure there are a couple you need to stay on but the MIrt is to high, and the benzo is too, just my perspective. Wishing you well!
  • Posted

Would be nice to all chat face to face, im here whenever you fancy a chat or anything. I also have a group on facebook called 'dont panic' if you ever fancy talking to others. I dont know about dvds but if you type in 'anxiety relief' on youtube there are good videos to fall asleep to
  • Posted

Nessie, I'm so sorry to hear you are having all these problems. Diazepam id a funny drug. It makes you feel calmer and will help you sleep, but there is a pay off. You can feel really down and nervy once its effects wear off. It can definitely make depression much worse. If you can, I would try to come off that drug as it will not help you long term. But be careful, and make sure you come off it VERY slowly, gradually reducing your dosage. Another bad drug is the codeine. That caan be highly adictive. Again, the withdrawals can cause nervousness. It also makes you constipated! Cracked ribs are extremely painful, but I would ask for some anti inflamatories and also take paracetamol instead of the codeine.

I really hope that you start to feel better soon. But certainly, some of those drugs you are on can cause your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Nessie91,

Being new to the whole site, forum & everything in between I just wanted to echo the positive words the other contributors have made. I think the most important thing is to just talk with someone, at length if possible. I also live by myself & after quiting my job last September because of greatly increased anxiety I now sometimes don't see another soul for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, in fact so infrequently that if I do spend a few hours in the company of a friend my voice is horse for the next day. I have a cousin who is good & always says "you know where I am if you wanna talk" but I know from experience that low self confidence accompanies depression so I tend to say to myself "I don't want to be any trouble" and never take up the offer... I guess that's why we can 'vent' on forums like this; because we're talking with kindred spirits.

So to reiterate, don't ever feel alone; there are thousands of other people who feel just like us, visiting here is a positive thing, we have each other & just as importantly we understand each other too!

• Posted

omg thats just scary, way too many perscriptions Nessie, no wonder you can not function properly sad

why do doctors give you so many drugs, sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.