At the moment the future looks grey

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with CS about 8 years ago in C5 & C6, this was probably down to an injury I sustained about 20 years ago.  To be honest the pain hasn't been too bad and I thought I was getting away with it compared to other sufferers.

About 18 months ago I started with a pain in my neck that is constant and I saw at least 3 GPs and they shrugged their shoulders and said, go for some physio and it'll go away.  Well I did and it didn't and eventually 2 weeks ago I screamed at another GP and he referred me for an MRI.

Got my results on Friday and C4 is now involved, I have a bulging disc and a straightening of the spine at the top.  I knew something wasn't right but as usual the GPs haven't got a clue and don't really care.  He told me there is no cure, which obviously I knew, but didn't suggest anything to help me.  The pain in the right hand side of my neck is, I suppose, referred pain from the CS, but the stiffness I get now is terrible, I can't tip my head back and when I lean forward I get terrible pain trying to straighten up again.  I am 47 and in theory could only be halfway through my life, the thought of living with this for the rest of my life is pretty depressing and presumably it will only get worse if it has over the last 8 years.

I also suffer from migraines which of course the CS makes them more frequent.  I just don't know where to turn next, the GP has more or less said go away and live the rest of your life the best way you can.

I have a very supportive husband who does help, but we both have own business so I work fulltime and there is no possibility of me giving work up, not that I'd want to.

Is there any light at the end of tunnel, does anyone find they have times of remission??

Thanks

I've tried physio but it makes it worse

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why why are so many people suffering with this  when there is better medication out there. You are right it's all to do with cost don't we all pay enough in taxes etc to have better treatment, to hear that it's not just my doctor who has been useless in their lack of care to me is terrible, I  really thought it is just my doctors that have been useless seems that this is not an uncommon compliant. 
    • Posted

I'm 6 foot 2 14 stone ,when the doctors were saying push against me .and I could push them away ,oh there's nothing wrong with you ,you know in yourself there's something not right.i didn't even realise you could have Athritis in your spine till I was diagnosed ,and then the penny dropped .i bet I have spent about 3 grand the last 4 years on new beds mattresses ,memory foam ,ortho pillows ,and it wasn't necessary.I just kept making a nuisance ofmy self down the doctors till they did something positive instead of prescribing NSAIDs ,.one doctor flicked my middle finger ,can u feel like an electric shock ,he said .yes I said .carpal ts diagnosed there and then ,no x rAy ,that was it ,have sum more NSAIDs.its like going to a car garage really isn't it ,they tell you wats wrong ,and you go along with it ,I'm a builder not a doctor ,wat do I know .
  • Posted

It really does pain me to see  how many of us are suffering with this insidious condition.  If any of you are on Facebook there is an excellent closed group called Cervical Spondylosis Support Site which has about 800 members and offers good information and support. Hope you all have as comfortable evening as possible ! smile
  • Posted

It's a good site ,fair play ,just goes to show not everybodyies symptoms are the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.