At the point ....................

Posted , 5 users are following.

Bugger why the hell do we do it to ourselves?

I have been drinking and abusing Librium for months now – keep thinking I will reach rock bottom soon then will have to sort it out – I have much support friends and family and on here - especially Paul– I have read on so many self help groups you have to reach your lowest before you accept a problem – I have a bloody problem, I know it so why can’t I sort it out now before they commit me – Arghhh!! I lie bare faced to family and friends how well I am doing then take the P*** - when they leave and drink - I don’t enjoy it – I self harm terribly Why.. I am crazy and always have been. Mum was a drinker and she passed recently – I HATED booze and the damage it does and now I am doing the same to all those who love me….. Why Oh F*****g WHY!! Arghhhh – I am at the point right now where I could turn everything around so why am I so self destructive? I really really don’t enjoy being p*ssed so why do I feel the need to do it – I had a party at my house the other night – sober – but had a neat joint and felt great – is this a good thing – or am I just getting in deeper? I am in the process of therapy but was told at my initial meeting last week that 80% refuse to see ppl who have had alcohol/drug problems so I have to wait 6 months (Librium, booze, suicide all on my record) Just want to wake up tomorrow and be bloody right in the head!!!! Oh and just got an email off Tescos 25% 0ff 4 bottles of any vino Arghhhhh Lol …………… Joking aside HELP!!!!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

whilst I only went to AA twice, their above prayer is very apt. You need to stop dwelling on past mistakes or events, try to draw a line over the past, concentrate on each new day being sober. When you're mentally stronger you can address any issues and 'put them to bed'. I know it's easier said than done. For the time being, put your energy into staying sober.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.