Atorvastin

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi folks, wondering what, if any, side effects I will need to watch out for.  I'm so unhappy about statins fullstop!

Many thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anne, I took  Atorvastin which was very effective and reduced my Cholesterol from 237 to 157, but it made me nauseated. I actually canceled a dental appointment because I thought I was going to throw up.  My internist at that time didn't want to make any changes to my dosage..  I switched internists and found one that was okay with me taking red rice yeast, which reduced my cholesterol to 171 without nausea. I take it at night as  recommended but am having sleep problems, which caused much mental and physical sluggishness.  Last Friday I didn't take red rice yeast, slept well and had tremendous  energy Saturday. Incidently I took advil  pm for sleep last  Friday.  I guess this is the reason we have so many statins, to find one that works for you.

Fred

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.