ATR during a tennis game 5 days ago - nonsurgery treatment method

Posted , 6 users are following.

I thought my shoe had broken when I heard the pop and I was mad cause I had just bought new tennis shoes especially for achilles problems - on the other ankle. I ended up tearing the achilles on the good leg - can't believe it - plus it's my right leg = no driving.

I've been reading blogs but I'm looking for any helpful hints or suggestions of any kind on how to deal with this. Got an IWalk2 today so I'm hoping that will make my (and my husband's!) life somewhat easier. I'm also quite fit and want to continue with some form of work out after week 1 is done with. Any suggestions there? Thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wondering at what point other people took the first wedge out of their air cast boot. I'm the non surgery route and was 2 weeks cast and now into 2-3rd week of walking cast and walking no crutches. The leg length difference is difficult (even with the 'Evenup foot enhancer'wink plus I feel like I've concquered this stage but doc's instructions were to take it out after 3 weeks. Don't want to wait another week if I don't have to! Any other experiences are appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.