Atrophic Vaginitis with Burning, Frequent Urination and Pain

Posted , 13 users are following.

What are some of the natural products you are using to treat the burning, frequent urination and terrible pain during intercourse.  I was working with a dr. who wanted me to bring my low vit D up before I used any creams and it got high enough so she started me on Estrace cream and I have all the symptoms I had before after starting the cream, burning, constant urination. I stopped the Estrace over a week ago and my symptoms have not subsided.  This is terrible. I have not had intercourse in 6 months trying to fix this problem.  I've been to so many doctors too.  This dr. has now prescribed a bioidentical estradiol capsule. This is just a terrible way to exist every day,  Is there anything else you all can recommend that helped you get rid of this severe problem and lead a  normal life?  Thanks.

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of you problem. I use coconut oil it's helped and baking soda (in the bath).

Keep us posted 😊

• Posted

I use premarin cream 2 x week. No soap in area, only water. No fabric softener. Took time but I'm so much better. Showers only.
  • Posted

Sorry to say after years of trying everything nothing worked. I had 3 treatments of Mona Lisa and life is better
    • Posted

I will look into this if nothing else works
  • Posted

Jazzy girl how long have you had this and has it been diagnosed as atrophic vaginitis? I ask because all those symptoms are similar to mine.

Try using d mannoose from Amazon for the burning I was given estriol cream for months and it did nothing except make me uncomfy and swollen .

• Posted

I've had the painful intercouse for a long time but the buning and frequent urination since about last September.  It's terrible.  I feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. It got better and now, right after I started the Estrace cream for 5 days all this started up again.  I'm in a nightmare as this is not my only issue I have.  
    • Posted

Hi jazzy do try d mannoose they are in powder and tablet form from Amazon. It stops the burning. I also use dandelion and cornsilk tincture which costs the bladder so it stops making you want to wee all the time
    • Posted

Thanks. What do you mean "costs the bladder?" Where do you get the tincture
    • Posted

Sorry coats the bladder. I use that and d mannoose
  • Posted

I heard about inserting Natural Vit E gel capsules each night..and am trying that now before resorting to the Etrace my doc prescribed. It's very simple and you dont puncture them but they open up at night and will discreet the Vit E. I'm holding out on Etrace and trying this first.

It seems like at least its natural and without possible issues. 

I hear about the Mona Lisa...does anyone know how or why this works so well?

What is it?

A laser surgery?

Is it like a peel from laser but on the inside? ouch. 

• Posted

Mona Lisa is a laser done in three treatments revitalizes the tissue inside and out. Done in a doctors office. Pretty painless.
  • Posted

Hi. I went on Vagifem for a few months which plumpede everything up. Now I just use Balance activ menopause pessaries every few day which are natural and lubricate internally. I also use Yes oil based lubricant both inside and out. I also bought a dilator to stretch the vagina which took a few months but worked and also used a stretching method I found on the internet. If you google how to stretch your vagina you can get some advice from a medical site. I would suggest the balnce activ as a natural remedy as it works for me.
    • Posted

Estrace is supposed to start working within 2 weeks, but it took me 6 months! My Dr told me to try 3x a week, and I think that finally made the difference (about 1 1/2 gr). Also put a little of the Estrace on the urethra and outside vulva. Not unusual for it to burn in the beginning because the tissue is so irritated. I am also in the middle of the Mona Lisa treatment and it is a miracle!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.