Attack at the Orentation .

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well guys , I told you'll I got a new job . I had orientation and guess what happen ???? I had a full blown attack in front of all those ppl . I left the job and, I haven't been able to start back. I'm also scared to leave the house , and eat . I have meds that the doctor gave me I'm scared to take them. I just needed to talk with you guys . Anyone ever been through this that can help me ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Doreen. The only person I've had an attack in front of is my husband but I've been close to it in front of others. I, like you, am also not working at the mo and am having to monitor what I eat as I lost 1/2 st in a week! I'm taking a tablet for my stomach to reduce the amount of acid produced and that has helped greatly with eating properly again. I'm also really afraid to take medication as I'm super sensitive to it but have started on a very low dose of propanalol (10mg) and am going to persevere because I'm fed up feeling like this: not being able to go out, drive, be around people. Only a month ago I was working, visiting friends, shopping. Now my mind has confined me to the house. I know I'm the only one who can do the work to get better. It's a hard road but we will all get there and find contentment again xx

• Posted

I’m on propranolol and it’s really helped with physical symptoms of an attack, but I still do have the odd bad day like yesterday but 1 bad day is better than everyday being bad like it used to be,

Honestly would recommend it, it’s helped me a lot xx

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I know I'm not alone . I have to do something because we need the two incomes .

• Posted

Thank you for telling me this . I know I'm not alone . Last month I was working and doing great.

• Posted

I’m not working too I know how hard it is, I’m just going into a new job also, I feel

For us all xx

• Posted

We'll get there Doreen. It may take a little time but we'll will overcome this. I've started reading "the mindful way through anxiety" and it's making a lot of sense! I need to learn to accept thoughts as just that...thoughts. Not to fear them, just see them as fleeting interruptions. Hope you're feeling a lot better really soon xx

• Posted

Hi Doreen, why are you svared to take meds,I would suggest to start taking them when you have nothimg big goimg on so you can see how they work, and rather not when you home alome,God i swear not teyin to scare you I did have ome big panic attack after taking ome new medication but the thing is we have no choice but to trust our doctor and in case you not geting better or habe any side effect make aire to let your doctor know.yes you might jabe to check few meds but how will you know which one helps if you dont try.im better now but still carry benzo with me in case of attact coming.You deserve life amd fight for it

Kisses hope u feel better soon

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'm going to take one tomorrow while my husband home.

• Posted

Hi Eva,

I somewhat disagree with what you are saying. We do have a choice. I am proof that you can beat anxiety. I was on meds for 5 years and I have come off them now by doing other things to learn to cope and live the way I want to. You just need to believe it otherwise you will

Be stuck letting anxiety control you. 

• Posted

I feel like my life depends on that little pill, i have attacks from nowhere almost regularly, how do i fight it it feels like ghost coming and choking me with all its strenght😢and nobody really understands

• Posted

Hi Eva,

I am sorry to hear and I know that feeling all to well. I went to a course called the lightning process and it changed my life. It is all to do with rewiring the brain. If you google it you should find some information on it and i think there are some youtube videos to on success stories. Please have a look at it. 

• Posted

Eva,

Also I am new to this site so I am sorry I didn’t see your reply earlier. Hopefully the last reply I just sent goes through because it says it is being moderated?

• Posted

One of the challenges for me is that I have side effects that are rarely but can be dangerous.

I have been told I have IBS. It is a functional problem with digestion. It's something I've been dealing with For many years.

I was talking with my PCP and he thought Remeron might help. No one really knows but sometimes antidepressants have been known to help with digestion problems.

Within a couple of days I knew something wasn't right. I saw that my stairs began to be a liquid green color. I thought there was something with my eyes so I went to see an Ophthalmologist that day. She did a thorough exam. Every thing was normal.

Sometime during the night I woke up to find two men at the side of my bed. They didn't say anything but I knew their intent was to kill me. I have never felt that kind of fear before or since.

Long story short my apartment on the third floor was in total darkness. Somehow I must have gone into the unlit back hall. The next thing I knew I was in the back hall on the first floor. I had fallen down three flights of stairs.

An ambulance was called. The diagnosis at the hospital was that I had hallucinations and had a severe soft tissue back injury.

It's been three years and the pain can be severe to this day.

I happen to be very sensitive to medications. My feeling is whenever I am starting on a new medication if possible I like having someone near who can give me assistance if needed.

• Posted

Hi Doreen,

So sorry to hear about your recent experience. It has happened to me before in a meeting at work a long time ago but I have since learned to cope and I am not on anxiety meds anymore smile. Where abouts do you live? I did a course called the Lightning Process and it changed my life. I know you can do it in the UK and in NZ. Definitely worth a nosy on the website. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. And I guess reading books like The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. You just need to get some confidence

Back in your life. Also another book I recommend reading is Positive Intelligence by Shirzard Chamine. Bits and pieces in that book changed the way I view life. 

• Posted

Hello anika, I'm in South Carolina . Thank you for the information. I will be looking fir those books .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.