Aurobindo 50mg

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone else had problems with this brand ?

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This brand of medication has caused my mental health to be all over the place. Not just my normal dark depression when I've not had a good anti-depressant. I needed to get back on Zoloft, I noticed that the manufacturer was different after getting on Zoloft, it taking effect and I leveled out for more than a year. I've been on this Aurobindo or whatever this medication name is!? I'm having anxiety attacks, suicidal thoughts which haven't happened to me since my teen years, I'm now 62. My emotions are inappropriate, laughing, crying and caught myself before I had a major anger outburst by avoiding making a business call about something that would make most people angry but raging, no way! Now that I realize while talking to my sister that something was really wrong. The thoughts of suicide are relentless. I'm gonna call a crisis center after this post. I'd suggest for anyone else that has noticed their not their self after taking this med. I read of others having allergic issues, tooth pain, anxiety, panic attacks and emotional outburst in all areas of emotion, including violent thoughts and more. 

All I can add is being grateful to recognize something wrong. Some may not be as fortunate. And this country has no idea why some people are losing control, harming others, they may not realize and do something harming others or themselves. IOW being homicidal/suicidal frown or both! If other have effects that I can't call side effects b/c these aren't the norm for Zoloft! It'd be a help to list them so others may be helped to be aware. rolleyes

• Posted

Hi, I was on sertraline made by Lupin for 17 years until 1.5 years ago. I had a health scare this winter and increasing anxiety, insomnia, etc. and decided to go back on sertraline 3.5 weeks ago. I had one week of 25 mg and then 2.5 weeks of 50 mg. During this time my anxiety got worse and worse. Every night I woke up at 4 am in a terrible panic. This week in desperation I asked my doctor for Xanax and took one pill, which helped, but I continued to research online and finally realised I was on a different generic this timeAurobindo. I called the pharmacy and got the Lupin yesterday. After two pills of the Lupin I feel more normal than I have in a year. Thank goodnessI was getting really scared. I will never take the Aurobindo generic again!! 

• Posted

Hello John, yes I have. Mine changed to this about 3 months ago and I thought nothing of it at the time. But slowly, I started to feel back to how I was pre taking SSRIs back in 2013. Unable to settle, calm feeling gone, nervy, tension headaches. After a fairly bad day on Saturday, I was thinking what it could be and it occurred to me that my tablets had changed brand. So I looked it up and found that lots of folk have had problems with Aurobindo. I managed to get a pack of the Accord ones yesterday, took one then and one this morning and all the nasty stuff has gone. Given that I had no idea why I had started to feel bad again, I do not think this is a co incidence and will be discussing it with my doc. 
  • Posted

I've been on sertraline of various manufacturers for about 15 years. One week ago I picked up a refill and noticed a different pill and figured there was a change in supplier, wasn't the first time so no prob. I proceeded to go on vacation for a week which would generally improve my mood (beach, exercise, sleep etc). Come day 5 of the vacation I noticed a change in my clarity and began feeling sad to the point of tears. Thia was scary because the situation dictates anything but this! Then it occurred to me that the manufacturer changed on my script so I did a search which immediately brought up problems with aurobindo. Called the pharmacy and sure enough, that's who they used. I explained what was happening to the pharmacist and he told me they have since gotten Cipla back in stock and will swap them. I sure hope it works out, I thought I was losing it!

• Posted

I'm sorry to drag up a very old thread but, I used to take Aurobindo and found them really good which helped , however, all the chemists now dont stock this brand and I'm really struggling to find anywhere which stock it, is there a way to find out who stocks this or us it just a matter of bringing round

• Edited

Oh yes, Aurobindo is unbelievably bad. I've had panic disorder since I was 18 and took brandname Prozac before it was even approved for panic back in the early 90s. I've been on most brands of antidepressants, Zoloft is the best for me, and I've been on various sertraline generics for nearly 15 years now. I never had one bit of trouble until Aurobindo--it's not merely that it didn't work, but just as the original poster stated, it caused me to feel anxious and on edge constantly. It nearly induced panic attacks. So it's not in your head: avoid Aurobindo sertraline at all costs. (Northstar too--it's the same thing, same company, same markings.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.