Auto immune and Covid vaccine

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone have medical knowledge of whether a vaccine is less effective or causes side effects in anyone with an auto-immune disease like LS?

I have had flu and pneumonia jabs this year with no ill effects and assume they protect me but given the Covid vaccine is still so new can it be trusted by anyone with autoimmune diseases?

Once again I fear I will not have any replies on here as this forum seems not to reach anyone anymore. Think I will give up on it. Anyone out there??????

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Biscuit

Interesting info you have discovered but I still feel it is better to be vaccinated than not, especially here in the UK where cases are rising again. I had no adverse effects from my jabs and intend to have my booster next month. I believe it's better to be protected and have not heard of anyone who has died from the vaccines alone. So far I know no-one who has been extremely ill from virus or vaccine either, thank goodness. fingers crossed it remains that way.

We will not conquer Covid until the whole world wakes up to recognising that we need global immunisation and now.

• Posted

I got the J&J shot since it was not MRNA and one shot counted as 2. I had my LS in fairly well controlled mode for many years. It has been in major flare for about 2 years. it immediately got that was after the shot. if I knew this beforehand, I would have never had the shot. it also flared up my interstitial cystitis. it took about 4 months to get that calmed down. But the LS is still unbearable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.