AV? So this is my solution so far...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having been OUTRAGED about AV, see my other disucssion, I thought I would summarise my coping technique, well the one that's working at the moment. Maybe others could do the same?

After a lifetime of avoiding hormones I have given in and started using vagifem, so far so good...feeling moist and comfortable most of the time..almost normal...although I don't expect this to last..

I also put coconut oil in at night ( someone here recommended night time moisture before bed, I agree) and in the morning. And I carry it with me all day. Coconut oil comes in solid form so you can use as much as you like, just be careful about leakages onto your clothes. I pop some in as soon as I become aware of a slight discomfort.

Relaxing is important, I find when I'm tense I get uncomfortable.

I'm also taking Red Clover, Boots own which is reasonably priced.

I've survived Menopause with no symptoms except for migrianes which I manage through acupuncture and I will continue to do this..think I'm officially post menopause now but I'll carry on...my migraines only started with peri menopause and have got better thank goodness..but that's another story.

Also sex, all types, partner, device and solo...especially solo as my partner lives some distance away. At times I have been SO uncomfortable I've thought 'you are mad to masterbate? it can only make it worse'..but it doesn't, because it produces the lubrication you need. It also exercises the vagina and all the articles I've read recommend as much sex as possible.

Also, discovered this weekend that covering my partner's 'part' with sylk lubricant before inserting works a treat! Oh yes...and spend lots of time getting turned on...foreplay for hours then go for it.

Exercise, pelvic floor...I've noticed an improvement in general feeling down there due to being more toned!

That's all for now folks...x

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you Susan,I've been diagnosed with this torture ,gonna try some of your tips,been really suffering with this for 18 months and feel awful,I wanna get up and do lots of things but my vagina just wants to sit down all the time,I'm desperate to get even half an hours relief from the incessant burning.starting to take vagifem and want to give it the best chance of working that I can,thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.