Awaiting hip replacement but Atos sent for interview

Posted , 8 users are following.

8 years ago I was awarded lifetime DLA but being reassessed for pip, under new rules for anyone born after April 1948 (I miss out by a few weeks). I sent pip forms back a week ago with letter from consultant to my GP confirming I am on waiting list for hip replacement. It says on gov uk website people waiting for major joint surgery should not be called for interview but I have been sent an appointment from Atos. Do I have to attend or can I request a paper based assessment as it says in their website guidelines? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I applied recently for pip and have been awarded without assessment I have s heart condition that is progressive so think. That was the reason and enough evidence from doctors I think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.