Awful, awful Day...😩

Posted , 11 users are following.

I do think I'm completely losing it....

My spotting between periods is completely and utterly consuming me, it starts when I ovulate and last until my period.

My day  was going really well until about 3 hours ago when I went to the loo and there was spotting,  I could literally have burst in to tears.

I then spent the next two hours reading up on ovarian cancer and I'm now convinced I have it.  Any rational I used to have has completely disappeared and I can't focus on anything any more but this spotting.

I'm shouting at the kids, I'm jumpy, I'm constantly exhausted.

I already take escitaloram ( healthy anxiety) and I've now stated taking dimazepan at night as I'm so wound up I can't sleep... i know longer know what to do.

I'm at the doctors tomorrow and I know he will suggest an ultrascan.... ( I had one about 8 months ago),  which in one way is good.. but in another way it means that I will literally be a wreck up until I have it..

To make matters all the worse,  I have an interview tomorrow for a jobs I really want, I'm so scared I have one of my detached episodes mid interview and completely ruin my chances, I almost feel like not going at all.

Any suggestions, are there any herbal remedies I could be taking... I honestly can't deal with this much longer...😔

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I contacted my GP regarding my periods. I'm 53 and just recently my periods have gone mad. For the past 3+ weeks I've either been spotting or bleeding with maybe the odd day in between with nothing. She's also sending me for an ultrasound to hopefully eliminate anything sinister. Until the age of 50 I was on the contraceptive pill and had been for the best part of 30 years. 

The past 16 days I've actually been bleeding constantly, losing clots daily and actually resorting to incontinence underwear to contain the flow. I'm actually feeling very anxious and jittery as well, the GP thinks this could be low iron levels and I'm awaiting a blood test to confirm this. 

Ive just found this forum and I'm actually relieved that I'm not the only one going through this. My GP actually made me feel that what I'm going through isn't normal and has made my anxiety go through the roof. To read that other ladies are actually spotting for most of the month with heavy bleeding accompanying it is a relief. This is the first month this has happened to me. I have been having irregular periods with only 3 weeks beteeen them but they would only last 4/5 days with only 2 heavy clotting painful days... I'm really hoping this last month is due to hormone levels going crazy and can't wait for the ultrasound to hopefully put my mind at rest. 

I also did the google thing... sending my stress levels soaring. 

• Posted

Hi Chilli,

My periods  (which were always dead on 28 days) have become irregular too, 22 days, 26 days, 20 days..and yes my spotting continues, not every month but a month here and there and its always at ovulation time.  

My iron was super low and since taking iron tablets the clots have almost gone, so I hope that worked for you.  I'm still anxious re the spotting but the more I read the more I understand that it is 'normal' although I do become super anxious when my doctor refers to it as 'abnormal bleeding'!

I hope the ultrasound did put your mind at ease, mind did for a while but last week my GP said he wanted me to see a Gyno just to make sure, so of course that sent me in to a sky high anxious state...its just an on-going battle dealing with it all, but in my better moments I do know its all ok!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.