Awful, awful Day...😩

Posted , 11 users are following.

I do think I'm completely losing it....

My spotting between periods is completely and utterly consuming me, it starts when I ovulate and last until my period.

My day  was going really well until about 3 hours ago when I went to the loo and there was spotting,  I could literally have burst in to tears.

I then spent the next two hours reading up on ovarian cancer and I'm now convinced I have it.  Any rational I used to have has completely disappeared and I can't focus on anything any more but this spotting.

I'm shouting at the kids, I'm jumpy, I'm constantly exhausted.

I already take escitaloram ( healthy anxiety) and I've now stated taking dimazepan at night as I'm so wound up I can't sleep... i know longer know what to do.

I'm at the doctors tomorrow and I know he will suggest an ultrascan.... ( I had one about 8 months ago),  which in one way is good.. but in another way it means that I will literally be a wreck up until I have it..

To make matters all the worse,  I have an interview tomorrow for a jobs I really want, I'm so scared I have one of my detached episodes mid interview and completely ruin my chances, I almost feel like not going at all.

Any suggestions, are there any herbal remedies I could be taking... I honestly can't deal with this much longer...😔

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello.

I am so sorry you are feeling so low.

My last period lasted eight days. My period has never lasted eight days, not even during puberty.

My last period started a few days before it normally would. It spotted for 3 days bright red blood, but only when I wiped, none on the pantiliner. Then 2 days of heavier blooding with some small clots, the on day 6 it was bright red blood spotting but only when I wiped, then day 7 there was nothing at all then day 8 there was bright red spotting but only when I wiped. Then it ended.

I too suffer from anxiety. It started quite suddenly 4 months ago. I have that detached feeling too. I felt detached from my husband, my loved ones, my beloved cat, my home, my life and even myself. I would look in the mirror and not recognize myself.

I have been having acupuncture twice a week plus some supplements & herbs. This has really helped me.

I try to avoid sugar, bread, potatoes, pasta- carbs of this sort. I try to avoid caffeine, alcohol, anything that stimulates the nervous system.

I do yoga and Tai Chi. I find them very relaxing and grounding. I swim occasionally and take walks around the neighborhood and just enjoy the beauty around me. I do things I enjoy.

My sister had very very heavy periods that would last for weeks then it would stop for a few days then start up again. She had to wear 2 super duty tampons at the same time plus a heavy duty sanitary napkin. If she physically exerted herself it was worse. She couldn't climb stairs because it would make her flow worse as she was trying to climb the stairs.

Once my mother wanted to take my sister to the hospital because my mom thought she was hemmoraging.

The doctor told my sister that it was just perimenopause/menopause and not to worry.

It was stressful for my sister but she got through it and has been fine and is post menopause for years now.

Try not to worry. Get the scan for your peace of mind. The doctor feels it is menopause but he is ordering the scan and tests for your peace of mind and to just be safe.

This perimenopausal/menopause journey is hard and strange. I have so many bizzare symptoms that I had no idea were a part of perimenopause/menopause.

Reading posts in this forum has helped me SO much. I have read that other women are experiencing the same symptoms as I am. And these women are all over the world.

Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

xx

• Posted

Hi Alice,

?You don't mention your age, but it seems to me you could be menopausal, if unfortunate you seem to be displaying many of the symptom's, I would go and see your GP or if you have one well woman clinic, it could be they will do a hormone blood test check. before they will confirm its the menopause.

?good luck I hope it goes well.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 49, but my blood results show everything re hormones to be normal, all my blood results wre normal besides low iron... 

Is ao hope they would so me to be menopausal... so now I'm even more stressed 😩 

• Posted

UPDATE!

Well I had blood taken yesterday and should get those results back in a few days.  Also had my ultrascan yesterday, I wasn't at the best point in my cycle to have this taken as the uterus thickens just before you ovulate so it's harder to see any polyps, but they went ahead and did it, mainly as I was completely stressed!

Anyway, as before, its not at all painful and compared to a pap test its an absolute breeze.  Anyway it took an hour and they were really pleased and said everything looks great, at the clinic I was at, it's an  obstetricians that does the scan and the lady was so lovely, told me I wasn't crazy and that being anxious was completely normal.  She said that it may well be a hidden polyp that is causing the bleeding but they are very, very common and if my bloods show to be normal then to come back and she will rescan.  She was so good and spent so long explaining everything to me that was showing on the screen whilst she scanned.  She now does a report of the doctor so I will go back to see him and see where we go from there.

I am at long last accepting that my spotting (which continues) is down to my hormones, and finally starting to chill a little.  Im 49 years old, so its all part of the process I suppose.

As always, thanks for listening . xxx

• Posted

This sounds promising! And you got that scan out of the way, yay!!

I hope I get someone as nice as the lady you had for my scan, I am soooo scared, especially after the uncomfortable and painful swab experience.

An update on my spotting - I am on holiday and not doing any exercise at all and it has completely stopped but still not sure if it is related as mine tends to be in the first half of my cycle most of the time. I am so envious of all the joggers i keep seeing along the seafront but at the same time I am counting my blessings as at least I am not bleeding while on holiday. Living in fear and praying it holds off for another 5 days.

I also felt super tiered and just wanted to sleep for the first 3 days and also felt quote low and detached which I've started noticing lately.

Speak soon smile

• Posted

Hi,

Well today was ok, still had the spotting but then I got my blood results from the doctor and he said they were 'normal'.... ( except for  low iron, 10)... that then made me feel super low again.

I was really hoping that my blood results would show I was in the middle of perimenopausal then I could explain the spotting... but it didn't.

So now I'm think awful things all over again.... if my scan looked ok and bloods looked ok what else can it possibly be... ?

I'll probably have to get a biopsy to try and determine the problem or get another ultrascan at a different time... honestly I feel like it's just starting all over agin...😞

• Posted

What hormons did they test for?

Mine only asked for the thyroid one and fsh but then said that these results won't mean much anyway as hormones are all over the place and changing all the time. I am not sure why she didn't request more detailed test.

Try not to worry!

Xx

• Posted

Hi,

Mine requested loads, iron level, thryoid function, progesterone, testosterone, vit D  deficiency, cholesterol level and some others I couldn't even work out.  

I was so hoping my hormone levels would be off then at least I'd have an explanation... but only my iron was low.

I know it's sounds crazy but now that my bloods and scan look ok, I'm freaking out even more and it must be some hidden horrible thing I have!

How is your spotting... do you only spot when you exercise and is it throughout the month?

• Posted

Hi Alice

Try and not to worry about the blood work your hormones are all over the place so they don't tell the whole story my dr doesn't go by bloodwork he is going by my symptoms and diagnosed me as perimenopause! If I want my hormones tested he will do but he says that's not the most reliable too bad there wasn't a definitive test out there! Your symptoms have me believe your in peri my symptoms came on subtle now full blown it took years I swear I'm in puberty again and Throw a few pregnancy symptoms in there too even tho I'm not pregnant! According to my period tracker I'm 24 days late and tho I have been crampy nothing has shown up yet it's soooo annoying I can't wait for this to all be over so I can get back to a Normal life

• Posted

Thank you... I'm driving myself crazy.

I just want a doctor to say 'spotting is normal, you are normal'.  He did say that by being stressed I was probably making the spotting worse... it's just so difficult not to get stressed out about it!

• Posted

Well, we are on holiday atm and I haven't ran for a week. I haven't spotted either but then again it's the second half of my cycle and my spotting is normally during ovulation and before that. Having said than, last time I did the Parkrun and pushed myself quite hard. I started spotting during/after which was a week before my period was due and it just basically turned into an early period which lasted 7 days and was very heavy. I am now due to come on any time so praying it holds off for another 4 days or it will ruin my holiday

• Posted

Oh I hope they hold off and you have a great last few days.

It's funny , my spotting starts the other way,  begins at ovulation until my period starts... 

My periods started today, earlier than normal... I'll see how they go!

Enjoy your holiday!

• Posted

Hi, how are things with you?

I got my period at the end of the holiday. It lasted a bit less as I decided to try iboprofen which made it noticeably less heavy. I haven't done any exercise since before the holiday there's been no spotting so far. It's day 11 since my period.

How are you feeling?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm feeling ok.  My period this time was very light and only 3 days... since then there has been no spotting, however I'm expecting to get spotting when I ovulate!

After my scan and bloods were all fine my doctor has said that I've two wait another two cycles and if I'm still getting spotting he will refer me to a gynaecologist!

So I'm pretty good at the moment... but I'm not sure how I'll feel if I get my spotting again!

That sounds good about you, have you had your scan yet?

• Posted

Hi,

?This sounds good. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back this month. Let me know. 

Haven't had the scan yet, it's scheduled for the 7th Sept. After my unpleasant experience with the painful swab performed by the GP (the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get as she kind of made me feel bad for being in pain), she told me to brace myself as the scan would be internal too. However, the letter says ultrasound. This made me feel a lot better although the leaflet that came with it says that if ultrasound is not sufficient, an internal one might be needed and they'll explain more once there. So I don't know what to expect. I am starting to feel a bit better as there's been no spotting but also want to start exercising again which I've decided to resist until at least ovulation. This way I'll see if exercise affects it. Might do a gentle session at the gym tonight though.

?I entered a half marathon at the start of the year and that's in November so I need to be training for this really :O 

Let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi,

I had  my Pap test and almost fainted and thought I was going to throw up..🤢. it was hellish... I had the ultra scan and the internal  and honestly I barely felt it, totally different to the Pap test.  Don't stress about it at all...😊

I've been exercising the last few weeks and still no spotting but mine usually starts after I ovulate, which to me suggests it's hormonal but my bloods were fine, then again I heard the results weren't reliable in measuring them.

My blood did show very low iron, so I've been taking iron tablets and I must say I do feel better for it, I've also started taking hormonal balance tablets too... in general I've more energy.

Let me know how you go.. xx

• Posted

Did they give you iron tablets or did you get some over the counter? The prescribed ones are stronger. Mine always used to be low and when my son was born (17 years ago) it went down to 8.9. 

I was convinced it was low again last year as I was feeling really tired and my periods are so heavy. I have been taking iron tablets (just the 18mg ones from superdrug) and after a few months started to feel a bit better, not sure if related to that but my latest blood showed 12.7 which is at the lower limit of the normal range. I'm happy with that and will continue taking them.

?So, I haven't exercised for nearly a month now and today, day 13 of my cycle, I started spotting. Arrgghh. Not sure how to take it. At least I guess it's not just exercise related although I'm still convinced it makes it worse and sometimes triggers it. Sod it, I'm off to the gym tonight as the inactivity is making me feel depressed anyway. I've had the summer off and spent it worrying about my stupid periods, hated it.

?I have also entered a half marathon in November. I was ready to do it 2 months ago and I have covered the distance but this month of doing nothing will cost me when I start training again :O

?Hope you are feeling better this week. Keep me posted.

• Posted

Hi,

My iron was at 8 and the doctor said normal was between 30-120 ( I'm sure he said that), anyway since I've started taking them I am feeling so much better, no dizzy turns and not the constant fatigue that I previously felt.  

He recommmend tablets for me to buy the hath store and they are a pretty high dosage...but they don't make me constipated like all the others... thank heavens!!

So that's around mid cycle you are spotting?  That's the same as me and exercising does make it worse, but it would happen regardless I think.

I'll let you know when I start spotting, I'm expecting it mid cycle when I ovulate!!

• Posted

Yes, started yesterday, dead on day 13 so yes, ovulation. In a weird way I am glad it did because at least I could tell it wasn't brought on by exercise as I hadn't done anything in almost a month. So I thought sod it, I won't let this rule my life and headed to the gym. Did an hour and although still there, I don't think this time it made the bleeding worse. Nothing this morning, at least so far, yay!!

Btw, have you looked into anovulation bleeding/ breakthrough bleeding as this is another common thing for our age?

Glad the iron tablets are working! What are they called please?

• Posted

I felt a strange relief to when I realised it was all to do with ovulation.. I'll look in to ovulation bleeding as I don't know anything about that.

I'm living in Sydney at the moment (although from Glasgow), the tablets are by Fusion Health, Organic Iron Advanced, I'm sure you will be able to get them in the UK.  They have made a difference!😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.