awful morning put me in such a low mood :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else get a proper fuzzy head sometimes .. I mean like you can feel like the is a bee buzzing in your head literally !!! I had this episode on the bus this morning and ashamed to say I actually freaked out a little while I was with my children .. ty didn't seem to bothered about me my eldest just asked me if if I was ok while my youngest held my hand and rang his dad so I could speak to someone to calm myself down sad along with the buzzing I cannot seem to focus my eyes and I get pressure like someone is squeezing my head .. its actually scared the sh*t out of me but I managed to resume my journey and told the kids I was fine and apologies if I scared them ... does anyone else get these feelings ? I have been left with a major headache and I'm very fidgety sad

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It is sad the only med I take is sotalol which I take for a very fast heart beat which started about 10 years ago and have been on them ever since x
    • Posted

Not really .. my eldest is 15 and has seen me have a panic attack once so I'd say I can keep them under control when in front of my children or even others .. If I feel one coming on I remove myself from the situation so I can deal with it on my own .. but this morning whatever that was came from nowhere .. Was not anxious or even in a panicked state to make matters worse I could not remove myself from that situation as I normally would do 
    • Posted

No one minute im playing eye spy with the kids next i get thing you know i get this horrific feeling in my head .. i take it you don't get this ? X
    • Posted

no, i suffer anxierty, but not random panic attacks as such, more generalised anixety, which for a normal seeming 38 year old guy is hard to deal with.

Your doc know?

• Posted

I mentioned it  to the doctor last time it happen an he said it was anxiety ... This is what I don't get .. I can understand if I had anxiety and it happened but when I'm anxious free and it happens how is it anxiety ?  How do you deal with your anxiety ? X
  • Posted

Yes! I get this occassionally, its frightening and stops me in my tracks, it comes out of nowhere! It is not painful, it is just a bizarre feeling. I have not mentioned it to my doctor yet  but i might if it continues...in the mean time i try not to worry about it
    • Posted

Thanks it'sa comfort to know this happens to others too sorry if that sounds bad I would not wish this upon my worst enermy ... I feel like im going mad at times !! X
  • Posted

Hi.  Its difficult to decide whether things that happen to us are because of anxiety or not.  I am trying to think at the moment that its not just a coincidence so it must be anxiety.  I am currently frightened of being anxious or panicky in front of my son so i understand.  Just noticed that you mention that you normally remove yourself from the situation when panicking but on this occasion you couldn't.  Just wondering if you felt  a little strange then your thoughts fast forwarded and resulted in the 'i can't escape' and the 'what if i panic in front of mychildren and everyone' and all the other what ifs?  I get distorted vision too and head pressure.  If you are worried visit the doctor.  Hope you feel better soon. xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment .. it only last for a minute or two but it felt like forever .. i ggenuinely thought i was going to die right there on the bus and my only concern was where where for my children  .. How silly of me .. well I'm still here so i guess i need to start learning how to deal with these feelings when they happen .. does it panic you when it happens to you or can you just get on with the rest of the day ok ? Xx
    • Posted

Hi christine. I felt this exact feeling. I have recently been to my doctor about my awful symptoms and she thinks it's an anxiety disorder. I have been on prozac for 5 days and my symptoms have become way worse. I have to admit I have these symptoms in the first place from my own ignorance . I stopped a medication cold turkey which is the worst thing to do. ....... anyway I was sitting down folding washing and the little boy I look after started squealing as he chased the dog around I have become so sensitive to loud noises it makes me anxious and on edge. All of a sudden I got a feeling of tightness around my brain like there was a tight headband getting pulled. I instantly stood up and started pacing around thinking happy thoughts. Drunk some water and did deep breathing and of course I got that yucky feeling of impending doom which I get at ransom times of the day so this made the brain tightness worse. I ended going outside and doing some major deep breathing and it eventually passed. Hope your ok xxxxxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine, i'm afraid i'm in my 4th bout of anxiety in my life.  It does panic me and i will be honest and say that at times i can still feel as if i'm about to die that second, BUT, i'm more used to it now and can carry on.  Each time it happens, then you wake up the next day, is evidence it is all anxiety.  Not nice but not going to harm us. Great book i'm just re-reading to reinforce these things - 

Paul David 'At Last a Life'.

Take care. xxx

• Posted

I hope your med's settle you down very soon and you start feeling better smile 

Yes that is a good way to describe how I felt this morning but everything kinda goes in slow motion too and I can't for the life of me focus on anything .. I deep some deep breathing and forced myself to stay on the bus to get my kids to school .. I got off at the first stop I could near enough to where I was taking them and acted fine to them but it's left me with bad anxiety now that I cannot shake off .. only a few hours till I'm home again and I'm sure I'll chill out again just fine .. thanks for your support xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.