Awful pain and fatigue, still no diagnosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've never posted anything like this before, but I want some advice moving forward..

I'm only 21 years old, and I've been told I'm very young to be developing symptoms like these.

For 3 or more years I've been dealing with chronic gastritis. It's extremely painful and debilitating, but the doctors can't seem to do anything. It has gotten to the point of hospitalization, but still no answers. I've had various tests for h pylori bacteria all come up negative.

The last year or so I've developed major fatigue, to the point where I can't function normally anymore. Even going for a walk wipes me out for the whole day. Taking blood tests revealed nothing, everything was "normal". CT brain scans also came up clear. I'm so worried something more serious is going on and is being ignored by my doctors because I'm "too young" What else should I do?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I haven't done this, but I have heard of people going to Naturopaths, and they have helped more than Doctor's. Doctor's just want to treat the symptom, not the cause. Also, a good nutritionist or dietician can help as well. I have heard people use an amino acid L-Arganine with great success.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.