B Complex.....issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone....have any of you felt bad after taking a B Complex vitamin? When I started taking them I thought that I felt better but now it seems like everytime I take them I have a rough day. I noticed this morning that after I took them I started feeling really shaking. I read that Some people have had panic attacks and anxiety after taking them. When I got my bloodwork done my B12 was fine.....maybe I dont need the complex just B6.....I dont know. All so confusing.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Idk I take it, but not religiously. I've been in peri for 3 yrs.I get so down I think I may be better off gone. I don't enjoy life, social anxiety, forgetfull, can't accomplish tasks, and the list goes on....

• Posted

Oh Colleen, that is not good!  Do you take anything for the depression?  Even something mild to help you?  I really don't know how you girls do it without taking HRT.  I just can't imagine going through life like that.  I know people don't like to take pills, but when you can get your life back, it sure is worth it to me.  I can't tell you how much better I feel.  I am back to being a happy person again.  How about Vitamin D3?  It's called the Sunshine vitamin.  We take here in the North West U.S., as we have longer winter here, and a lot of people get depressed...no sunshine.  I give it to my hubby, as he has health issues too, and he feels so much better now too.  He is amazed at how much better, and how his outlook has improved.  it's a good one to take.  Helps the brain.  Couldn't hurt to try it.  It's not good to think you would be better off gone...and I am sure it is not true!  You have to think possitive!!  {{{{HUGS!!}}}}  XO

• Posted

Most of us are Vit D deficient - that's straight from my GP's mouth! She also went on to say 'and we are only just beginning to understand how important it is.'!!!

I take it with Vit K2 as the Vit D helps extract calcium from your diet and the K2 makes sure it gets to where it is needed, in your bones and NOT in your arteries.

• Posted

Yes, it is very important!!  Good to know about the K2...it is in my multi that I take, and I do take calcium due to the prednesone and other meds I take, but so far I am lucky, my bones are very strong...solid.  They make sure they check me regularly, bone density tests...also I have ultrasounds of my bones, not only to check the progression of my RA, but they can also keep an eye on the density. 
    • Edited

What form of calcium do you take? The only mineral I take is magnesium.I get all the other minerals I need from my diet. There is more calcium in a glass of spinach juice (I know - yuk) than a glass of milk. I think the best form of calcium is from leafy greens. The plant has done all the work in processing the mineral, so it is more 'bioavailable' than any tablet.

• Edited

It's prescription, due to the Prednesone and other meds.  I take it once a week. I may not spell it right...Fosomax.  I love spinach...we have spinach salad, and cooked as veggie.  We take magnesium...helps with leg cramps too!

• Edited

Hi Deidra, I live in N.Y. and know what along winter is as well. I've been taking D3 but just started to religiously after reading about its positives. I'm on the third antidepressant and just had the dose increased. I have an apt with my Gyn next week to discuss my symtoms

• Posted

Oh goodness...Yes you do know what winter is!  You really got walloped this past winter!!!  Yes...D3 is a very good supplement!  antidepressants are tricky, can be hard to find one that really works for individuals.  Everyone reacts so differently, and of course, they all have side effects.  I take Citalopram 20mg.  I have had no issues with it, but others really suffer with the side effects in the beginning.  Really hard to find a good one.  Good Luck next week Kiddo!!!  XO

• Posted

I have an apt with my gyn next week to discuss hrt. I've been on Cymbalta for over a month, after trying effexor, and was on Paxil prior to that which was great for many yrs but became ineffective once peri came on. I take D3, and B Complex but I'm still not my old self.

• Posted

Our Niece was on Paxil for quite a while, and like you, did well on it, then ti became ineffective for some reason as well.  Not sure what she is on now. 

Good Luck next week!!  I hope you find a good one!! 

• Posted

Idk I take it, but not religiously. I've been in peri for 3 yrs.I get so down I think I may be better off gone. I don't enjoy life, social anxiety, forgetfull, can't accomplish tasks, and the list goes on....

• Posted

Hi Colleen, im sorry I just saw this post. I hope that you are doing ok. Im sorry that you are so down. I get that way too! Please keep posting and praying to get through this. I will be praying for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.