b12 deficiency

Posted , 1 user is following.

Im Vitamin b12 deficiency.. In 5 weeks I've had 5 injections. I was told the next one is April 8th and every 3 months after that.. im also peri menopause.. I was told I should be getting injections every month.. I still have tingling in my finger tips and of and on lightheaded.. I asked my doctor if I could have the injections every month he said no The 5 injections were a good enough top up.. my reading was 160 on December 12th 2014.. my iron etc were perfect in the blood test.. im not anemic.. The doctor said the lightheaded and tingling in my finger tips could be the peri menopause.. im 43 and I'm not a vegetarian.. I can't absorb b12.. I'm on centrum at the moment.i bought them myself. I'm trying to get sublingual that goes under the tongue but in ireland I can't get it anywhere.. If I do get some can i still get my 3 monthly injections.. any advice please...

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

for ur diary get an A 4 size pad. make 4 columns with the following along the top.

time/ Light headedness/Whooshing Ear Symptoms/Scaredness.

in the time column put the time u get up. then in the LH etc. columns record the severity of all the symptoms from 0= 10 for each day i.e. if the Ear problems are 3 out of 10 at 11 am, write 3 in that column. and if the LH symptoms r 5 out of 10 at 4pm write 5 in the LH column opposite 4 pm.

i hope that makes sense. if u need clarity just ask.

C

• Posted

No that makes sense thank you... you spend so much time helping people.. what about you.. you have b12 deficiency to don't you.. does it ever bother you.. or worry you?
    • Posted

so to summarise: tell ur Dr:

1)that u have persistant LH since last Thursday (put the date).that it's worse in the morning & afternoon.

2)that u are having episodes of ear symptoms (whooshing etc) with it.

3)that you are very scared as u don't know what's causing it all. that you are scared of fainting. tell him u have a little one (boy/girl) too.

4)explain that u have kept a diary to make it easier to track the symptoms

martina, it would be worth asking him/her what's the cause of your b12 deficiency whether:

1) PA pernicous anaemia

2)Malabsorbition

3)Inadequate intake of b12 foods?

C

• Posted

He asked me if I eat meat I said I do.. he then said right your not absorbing b12.. what ever that means..
    • Posted

thank u for asking martina. yes, the addition of b12 injections helped me quite a bit, but they have come to plateau now. i get very tired, especially my brain so my spelling becomes awful. luckily, on here most ppl understand these cognitive symptoms and can make out what's being said.

do make that diary martina as it'll emphasise & reinforce your concerns to your GP. it'll be easier for him/her too as they can see at a glance if there's any relevant patterns going on.

all good wishes

C

• Posted

What do you mean by they have come to plateau now.. does that mean you need another injection soon... im so sorry I'm bothering you with my symptoms and your tired.. your so kind answering my questions and many more peoples.. that's why you were trying for a lie down..
    • Posted

yes, martina, i have to lie down frequently. but no worries, you are not bothering me at all. i know when i have to lie down , so most of time i do that. it would seem that the b12 has done all it can do for me. it's got my b12 stores replinished, but it doesn't take away ALL the fatigue. i have to live with a certain level of fatigue like most ppl.

C

• Posted

But the injections they still work for you.. It gets low and you get more..
    • Posted

Good morning caitlin.. I hope your well this morning.. its cold frosty and sunny here.. im not to bad so far today...
    • Posted

pleased to hear that ur feeling better to-day. the sunshine helps. how is that diary coming along. what number have you given the LH so far?

C

• Posted

yes, it will be an unplesant feeling. loosing one's balance can feel like loosing a degree of control. ensure u record a number for the ''fear'' (scaredness) levels too.

c

• Posted

I will caitlin your very good.. how are you today..? I'm having an orange with my little boy.. he loves fruit.. grapes strawberries melons.. he is a brilliant little boy
    • Posted

Caitlin if I buy sublingual tablets or spray do I have to stop getting my b12 injections every 3 months..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.