B12 levels?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Blood results twice show abnormal levels, think they said 60? For years

suffered with health issues of one kind or another. And had prickly sensations mainly in hands. Tiredness on and off. If go out walking exhausted afterwards, not all the time though. So what should the B12 levels be?

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok, got it wrong misheard what was said. Week ago 170, today 163.

Just had blood test done for antibodies, once results in then 5 lots of injections. Due to my diet regime told looks like Will be on the injections for life. Not sure how many in A year though.

Think might bed down at the surgery ready for the next instalment of what else can we give her.

• Posted

Normal loading injections are 6 over 2 weeks (mon, wed, Fri). Then every 3 months. If you have neuro symptoms, injections are alternate days until no further improvement then every 8 weeks.
  • Posted

Hi guys, had my first jab today, knew would be very painful but oh boydid it hurt.

To top it all when stood up nearly passed out. Dreading next injection on Friday. Anyone else felt like this.

• Posted

I had one today (fifth so far). As always the nurse warned me that it was going to sting, but it never seems that bad. Maybe it's just me.
    • Posted

So glad you never had to have the pain level, I must be sounlucky.
  • Posted

Ensure your folate level is in high end of normal range for your injections to work at optimum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.