Back of knee pain after TKR

Posted , 54 users are following.

HI

i had a tkr on 12/01 and still have a lot of pain and taking my analgesia regularly. The pain is mainly in the back of my knee now when weight bearing and a little under my knee cap. I find it difficult walking downstairs leading with my non tkr leg but can go upstairs consecutively. Does anyone else suffer pain in back of knee, is this normal? I'm beginning to think my knee will never be normal again.I just want to wake up in the morning and find that all the pain's gone and i can walk normal.

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my first TKR in Dec 2018, results are phenomenal! I have zero pain now, my knee is incredibly strong, I wish id done it 10 years sooner! I had given up downhill skiing abd have sunce started skiing again.

I had my other knee done 4 weeks ago. Funny how you forget the intense pain at night and how important the exercises are! i know how great its going to be in 11 more months but I'm so inpatient this time! My son has said many times how much easier this recovery has been and I agree except fir that darn night pain! I feel like my Range if Motion is worse this time which is very frustrating I did not take the exercises as serious the first 3 weeks as I should have i just hope i can regain the ROM fully. Happy to have found you all. As far as I'm concerned TKR is a miracle! Be patient, do your exercises, push yourself, ice often, and you'll reap the benefits in a year or less!

• Posted

Hi - I'm 10 weeks out of TKR. I have good flexion 133 but extention is not zero. However I have really bad pain when I walk. I can walk a 1/2 block than I get really bad pain behind my knee and lateral knee pain. After walking my knee feels like I can't bend it. Is this normal at 10 weeks?

Thank you

Mary

• Posted

I had TKR on 1/4/23. ROM was 90-102 at best. had MUA on 5/16, did nothing. I have had pain behind my knee for months. When I try to bend the knee backwards, I get a terrible pinching behind the knee and it prevents me from going further. I now also have pain on the left side of my left knee and get a slight pop or slide when I go to stand up. I had a steroid injection 6/1, no help. Insurance denied my MRI and now waiting for my dr to fight it. Something isn't right and I think it might have occurred during PT. I am very frustrated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.