Back pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Going through this awful change. Recent symptom is back pain. Started in the shoulder blade area then middle back and into my neck. Also headache which is new for me also.

Is my health anxiety back again. Anyone got theae symptoms.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Angela, i have had back, neck and shoulder  pain since June 2017. At first i was in the process of coming off Amitriptyline so put it down to this and anxiety. I have had physio since October which is ongoing and still no better. I feel tense all the time so put it down to anxiety but cannot stop the tightness in my muscles. I am doing yoga, mindfulness and self hypnosis but, still no ease from these constant pains. I truly think health anxiety. Have you had it before and if so how did you get over it? amanda x
  • Posted

Oh my gosh me too!! I hate the shoulder blade back pain and it’s giving me a headache today. So sick of it and the only thing that makes me feel not crazy  is all the other supportive ladies on here. I take a ton of Advil, use a hot pad on my back and neck and try to stay hydrated. No easy answers and I’m not ready for hormonal remedies yet. Hang in there! We are here for you. 😊

• Posted

Amy thanks so much. It's reassuring to know that others have these symptoms. I'm so Fed up of being afraid of everything. I'm going to tenerife this Saturday and the though of boarding a plan e is terrifying. I have travelled the world and never gave it a thought before 😥

• Posted

Oh the anxiety..specifically health anxiety has been absolutely horrible for me. I never ever worried about my health unless I was particularly ill, such as when my appendix burst 2 years ago and I needed surgery..now I google every dang symptom and it’s awful! Although I’ve tried to stop bc obviously it makes it even worse to google everything single dumb little symptom..of course everything according to google is cancer and I’ve been to the Dr enough to know it’s not that! So try to relax, although i know it’s hard..i feel better if i can even get just a short walk in but with the cold weather I haven’t been doing too much of that. I am feeling a lot better than i did a few months ago but unfortunately i know it comes and goes and i could feel absolutely awful next month. Keep in touch. 😊

• Posted

I'm coming back a man Amy it's horrendous you get rid of 1 symptom and then comes another. Horrible to think this could last for 10 or more years. God help us.

My Dr cracked up at me when I told him I Google symptoms. He said they all end in bad news and banned me from it.

It's good to chat with others experiencing the same symptoms. I feel a bit better already thank you x

• Posted

Right??! Men would NEVER deal with this nonsense for YEARS!! What a crock! And yes actually my primary Dr is a man (ob/gyn is a female) and he is pretty great and tells me I’m healthy and to stop googling! We are strong and can get through this seeming endless parade of symptoms. Take care and stay in touch! 😘

• Posted

Your Dr. was right to ban you from Google. 😂😂😂😂 Dr. Google will make you think you're dying. I had to stop.

• Posted

Hi Amanda thanks for replying. My mum passed away 2 years ago and I got this back pain. Dr assumed it was grief and I wasn't sleeping so prescribed amatryptaline. I havnt taken them for about 4 months. I think I was probably Peri at that point and it wasn't all grief. I started 2mg hrt 4 months ago. Went to dr this week and he has invreased it to 4mg and put me back on amatryptaline. He could find nothing wrong with my back.

I have had loads of horrible symptoms but the health anxiety is terrifying. Every ailment I manifest into a life threatening illness.

Dr said I'm 1 of a group that unfortunately suffers anxiety caused by menopause

• Posted

I agree health anxiety is so terrible, every twinge and i assume i have cancer, my Dr hasnt even checked my back my physio says it is chronic back, neck and shoulder problems  as i have had it over 6 months and can take a long time to get better. I have had several massages but , these hurt me. I dont want to go back on amitriptyline it has taken me 11 months to get off 10 mg as i had awful withdrawal symptoms. x
    • Posted

Amanda massage hurts me also. Amatryptaline helped me last time. I was taking 50mg at bed time. I didn't find it hard to stop. Now I'm back to 25mg at bedtime x

• Posted

I was on amitriptyline for nerve pain but i am 39 days off it andstill experioncing some nausea, but my anxiety is the worst thing as well as constant neck and shoulder pain which , is probably from anxiety and tension. x
    • Posted

That's why the Dr wanted to put me on amiltriptiline, he said I had trigeminal nuralgia,nerve issue. Mine is worse in the morning so I think I clench my jaw as the pain is both sides but worse on one side. He totally disregarded Peri menopause or anything that he couldn't prescribe for...😒 I sometimes put a hot wheat bag on the side of my head that helps. Anything goes.😂😂xx

• Posted

Hi, the lastest symptoms I get are pains in my neck which radiate up into the back of my head , ear and side of my face. Sometimes it's so draining I don't even want to get out if bed. I feel like I'm having a stroke as it feels heavy and numb! Dr wanted to put me on amiltriptiline, I said no thanks! I take parceptamols and ibuprofen . The earache is immense sometimes and I could cry. I take vit D , magnesium,evening primrose oil and glucosamine. I'm achey all the time and tense . I have started Pilates and do feel better once I've done them but it's only once a week. I can't take hrt as had breast cancer. Sometimes the anxiety gets so much I think it's reoccurrence of cancer. It's all so rubbish.but we will get through this because we are strong women. Love and blessings ladies.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.