Back to bed?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel like going back to bed...but I know I should probably stay up and continue to work through this pain but DAMN ITS SO HARD TO NOT GIVE INTO IT!

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do your exercises  and have a day in bed, it wont do any harm at all, just remember its your life, you can do what the hell you want. Find a good book or just relax. Sometimes you just need to spoil yourself!

When your breathing your last breath, no ones going to say  " well, she used to have a day in bed, you know "  enjoy!

• Posted

Maybe going back to bed for a while is what you need Diane. Pain drags you down and is always worse when your tired. Wishing you better. 
  • Posted

There is no "giving in"!!!  Stop beating yourself up!!!  I was still sleeping 12, 14, 16 hours two months post-op.  Talked to my doc since I thought it was "abnormal".  She said:

"All the energy in your body is being directed at healing your knee.  If your body says rest, rest.  If it says sleep, sleep."

This isn't a race...there are no schedules or timetables.  Eat healthy and hydrate a lot.  Give your body the energy it needs to heal.  Try some of these suggestions...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-power-of-rest-some-great-strategies-to-try-on-a-tkr-617892

Time, work and patience.  That's the formula...

• Posted

Please give yourself a break.

Even if you miss exercising completely one day, don't stress over it! If you need to rest, do it. Listen to your knee. If it's giving you pain, go back to bed, rest on the sofa, whatever. Don't feel guilty, just do it!

Sometimes you just need to give in & rest! You had a brutal operation, your leg had been sliced & diced! No wonder you are in pain & tired. Probably depressed & moody too. It's no wonder.

Rest, rest, rest! Get back to doing your exercises once you feel up to it. You won't do them well if all you want to do is go & lie down. Rest for a day, 2 max, but then get back to exercising, you will find it less of a chore after a good rest.

That is exactly what I did! If I was tired I rested. If I didn't feel up to exercising I didn't. Now I feel much more energised &  actually enjoying the exercises. 

Listen to your body.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

How many weeks post op are you?

I felt exhausted for weeks maybe even a few months.

It’s one of the biggest and certainly the most invasive surgeries there is so rest when ever your body tells you to and don’t feel guilty!

• Posted

For me, I was still sleeping 12, 14, 16 hours some days at 3 months.  Asked my doc.  She said:

"All the healing energy in your body is being directed at your knee.  If you need to rest, rest.  If you need to sleep, sleep.  It will pass soon enough."

Eat healthy so your body has the energy it needs.  It just takes time.  Listen to your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.