Back to work

Posted , 12 users are following.

So after a lot of thought I’ve decided to go back to work on a phased return. My sick note runs out on 9th April.  I’m on my feet for 6 hours a day Mon-Fri so will try 3 days for few weeks to see how i get on. 

I will be 10 weeks post op by then. I feel very low some days so I may benefit from  returning. Has anyone found their return to work helpful, stressful, the right thing to do? 

😊

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Snoozy

Sounds like you’ve got it sorted. Sounds like it was a positive move for you 😊 I realise it will take time for me to settle back in. 

Debbie, I’m sorry to hear the manipulation has caused you all this pain but keep going and stay positive.  It does take time and I’m looking at my return to work as the next chapter in my book of recovery. I will have to be sensible on my return and listen to my knee 😊 

Thanks for all your responses it’s appreciated very much 

• Posted

You’ve got to do what you must but that sounds to soon. If you do go back you must take brakes and do your exercises and ice and rest. Good luck.
  • Posted

If you have to go back to work for financial reasons it's so unfair. If someone on benefits, etc can take as much time as necessary to recover without having problems supporting themselves, the same should apply to those who have to work.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.