Bacterial Vaginosis and red itchy bumps

Posted , 47 users are following.

On thursday I went to a friends house, and before I showered and scrubbed really hard around my vagina hoping that I could be super clean, I also scrubbed like that around my anus. ( I used summers eve, the blue cap) At his house, we had very rough sex three times. When I got home I took a shower and scrubbed just as I had on Thursday. I think I had some minor itching but not enough for me to notice. On saturday I think it was a little more porminent, but again, not enough for me to think anything of it. Sunday however, I believe I had some more irritation and itchiness. Monday and Tuesday were the days that I had some severe itching and irritation and slight burning when I used the bathroom. So Tuesday I went to the health center to ask what was wrong and they suggested to make and appointment so I did for Wednesday. As this point, I had maybe 4 red bumps that were itchy and irritating, I was sore and just felt uncomfortable and I could hardly sit. The OBGYN tested me for STDs just and case, but am still waiting upon results. She did her stuff and looked at my discharge and concluded that it was bacterial vaginosis and gave me antibiotic get to insert for five days. It sunday and I am still itchy and sore and it burns very bad when I urinate and also, the red bumps have spread to my anus. Me and this guy did not have anal sex, but we did however try but it did not work out but he did finger me a littler bit. Also this is not the first time that I have had sex with this guy, nor is it the first time that we have had rough sex like we did. I do not have a fishy odor, the red bumps are just really itchy and irritating and sore not some much or hurting, just when I sit am I uncomfortable. I do not think that it is herpes because the bumps I have do not look like herpes, they almost look acne like. There are also a few on the inside of the lips. I don't think it genital warts either because, again the pictures do not match my bumps. Taking Advil, helps the irritation like no other. Should I finish the antibiotics or should I go see the OBGYN again or just wait it out, and let my body handle one thing at a time? Or could the bumps just be a reaction to scrubbing my vagina too hard? I fee like if anything they are boils but I am not a doctor but maybe you guys can give me some input on what you think. Thank you!

3 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

please tell me you ladies got some awnsers because i got told by one doc i had herpes but to get a second opinion my pap came back vaginosis so does that mean i dont have herpes cuz i dont get those results till thursday and im confused scared and got given two meds idk what to do 
    • Posted

I haven't been to my paps yet but did your doctor do a culture test? Because mine did and it came up positive for herpes and BV but I'm still going to get a second opinion and I haven't been taking my meds which sound bad but my sores haven't been bothering me at all now so I feel no need to take them 
    • Posted

Yes I think so I ended up in emerg because I thought it was problems with my IUD they like scraped me that's the result I'm waiting on I got the pap a week before the rash even appeared but its doesn't look anything like herpes but that's what they said it looks like I'm terrified it is and they gave me meds and I searched they r for herpes but my other doctor just prescribed me something for the vaginosis I still have to pick up and I was thinking the vaginosis caused the rash and herpes and vaginosis are apparently like common together or something like that there was clinical trials I was looking at where it can be mistaken one for the other or your more likely to get herpes if you have bv weird confusing stuff like that
    • Posted

I can't even tell you enough how much you sound like me right now it's crazy. Haha I've been sitting here thinking the exact same thing that I was misdiagnosed or something and I even looked up pictures of herpes and I told my mom that it doesn't look like the same sores I have at all! That's why I'm getting my second opinion! But I know exactly how you feel girl! 
    • Posted

This very exact thing is happening to me at the moment did your test come back that it is actually herpes or were you negative? I'm so terrified out of my mind right now because my bumps don't look anything like herpes but the lady told me shes almost positive it is and the man told me that there's no way it's herpes

• Posted

I believe I also have BV. I was itchy after have sex multiple times with my boyfriend. I told him and he said he's clean and I can clearly see that he is so I figured it was just a yeast infection so I bought a regulatory pill to help balance yeast and bacteria and I had my boyfriend check if there was bumps (and he did cause he loves me lol) so anyway he said there's small white bumps that look kinda like bubbles. So at this point the itching had gone away but the bumps are still there. So I tell my mom and she starts freaking out that I have herpes or warts or something bad. I looked up free health clinic in my area to get checked and on the website they had info on STDs well BV was on there so I started reading about it and I looked up pictures (very disturbing) but I found a few pictures that looked like the bumps that I had and now 5 days after taking this regulatory pill the bumps are going down and it's not bothersome to me anymore. So unless they come back I'm just gonna continue to take the pills! So I'd suggest the same for you ladies because I also saw that within 12 months symptoms can reoccur!
  • Posted

Okay...it sounds like im pretty much having the same issues. I was diagnosed with bv today.  I was also tested for herpes because of how the blisters look. I have a week before I'll receive my results. What were your results? 

• Posted

I'm a little late lol but what were your results because I am going through the same thing.
  • Posted

I have the same problem! I have a discharge and I get sores down there from time to time, my doctor told me that if the discharge doesn't stop then it's bv, but what about the sores I get ? I've looked at herpes picture's and it doesn't look anything like the red bumps I see that turn into sores. I'm so confused, I hope it's not herpes
  • Posted

I have BV as well the dr. I went to said the problem is that women's area  has a certain amount of bacteria and sonething to counteract that bacteria . But if you have a low immune system you body gets off balance also if you wear thongs instead of underwear you bring bacteria from the behind to your cochie and cause's Bacterial Vaginosis
  • Posted

im in the same boat, one man for 3 years and clean. have no idea where it could have came from and waiting for results form my doctor. its very painful and has lasted over a week now. has anyone got their results back?
  • Posted

I have all the same syptoms you all have. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and I am freaking out because all my symtoms points to herpes. My first partner was very active but I got tested multiple times and was clean. My new partner has been very loyal to me and has had only one other partner who was a virgin. Another symtom I have is my groins hurt bad and both are them are swollen. Have anyone of you guys had that too?
    • Posted

I have all the symptoms as uou and my groin has been killing me! Same partner for 4 years and faithful just had a baby so I was recently tested and clean....what did your Dr say
  • Posted

Does anyone have any updates, currently going through this now, can barely sit down, feels like I got stabbed in the butt with glass. Any updates or outcomes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.