Bacterial Vaginosis at 15 years old

Posted , 8 users are following.

I need help asap, I'm desperate and my self confidence is down the toilet. Recently I had found out I have bacterial vaginosis. I had found out from my Mom when I told her my symptoms because she has it too. She also mentioned she got it at a young age like me. She told me there is no cure so I shouldn't bother but the smell from it is horrible and I don't want to continue being depressed. I've tried wearing cotton underwear, loose pants, pantie liners, drinking cranberry juice, eating yogurt, douching with yogurt, vagisil ph soap balance and vagisil odor block soap and nothing has helped me. I also tried no soap at all. The yogurt douche has only worked 1 day for me. I bought apple cider vinegar so I'm gonna try soaking myself in it but I'm afraid of it only working for a couple days. Whats a pernament cure for a 15 year old virgin? Theres been different pernament cures for older women in their 30s on this site but I'm afraid of the outcome when I try their methods.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

**Forgot to mention. My vaginal discharge is most of the time yellow and if not yellow it's gray. The texture is mostly watery more than the normal texture. The discharge also smells like fart/poo which is really weird. I'm not wiping wrong. My family thinks I'm a clean freak so it's not body odor or bad washing. My vagina also goes from very moist to dry to itchy.
  • Posted

Did you get antibiotics ? And tried to changed your diet ? Sometimes it can be an allergy to yeast or diary or even loan dry detergent . We Woman are very sensitive and can irritated in our Viginas as a result of the mentioned
  • Posted

You could try probiotics and adding vitamin c to your diet in the form of vegetables and fruit which will give you lots of other vitamins and minerals too. You could be lacking in these things. Bv in my opinion can be cured as I suffered severely for many years and it's been gone for 2 years now which a change in diet and probiotics.
    • Posted

What do you commonly eat thats high in vitamin c? And what foods do you avoid at all costs? I got tested for vitamin c defiency so I'll ask my mom about the results.
  • Posted

Firstly you aren't depressed, you are irritated and annoyed by having a smelly vagina, but depressed no.

There are many treatments you can try to control/get rid of the fishy smell. Until you've tried them all don't give up. Your mum is old and my mum had the same issues and as far as I'm aware did nothing. Gross.

What country are you in?

Do you use tampons?

Yoghurt is for thrush as far as I'm awake.

A weak tea tree oil wash will remove the outside smell.

A weak (organic) apple cider vinegar will help remove the BV.

I wouldn't try antibiotics as they will most likely give you thrush.

I would cut down on carbs as they make it worse for me. If you are using anything inside your vagina to clean it, don't.

• Posted

My mom said she tried everything and nothing worked for her BV. Her BV doesn't smell but she says BV ruined a lot of her panties. How long should I use the apple cider vinegar? I tried it last night and I felt much more better but the annoying smell was still there. Maybe it's because I put yogurt on after? I got bloodwork done for Vitamin C defiency last month so you're probaly right, I'll ask my mom about the results. Whats foods are high in Vitamin C and what foods should I avoid at all costs?
  • Posted

Wait What? Since when was there no cure for vaginal bacteriosis. I had that and they have me pills to take for a week. I couldn't drink alcohol with the pills that's it. But it cleared me out the smell was gone and everything I even have a sheet explaining the whole process and how all you have to do is take pills to get rid of it. Like I am as well 15 years old. And I no longer have symptoms of the bacteria. No more discharge. nothing. You tried a bunch of things which is crazy. Lol just get the pills.
    • Posted

You clearly have no idea about BV and you should read the rest of the forum before commenting.
    • Posted

Lmfao funny and I did read it more then once or I wouldn't be commenting if they treated me for it and I no longer have symptoms of it then how's it possible that BH isn't curable huh? You tell me!
    • Posted

Haha I'm listening Rebecca because Google clearly states as well as my sheet thattt.... And I quote "Yes, BV is usually curable with prescription antibiotics that can help readjust the balance of bacteria in the vagina. Although some over-the-counter vaginal medications are sold, these are not effective for curing BV. Currently, only prescribed antibiotics are effective" which answers the question.. Is Bacterial vagenosis Curable?
    • Posted

Oh look someone who has found a way to get rid of BH hmmm but yet it's not curable😂😂👏👏 ok. "

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things.

I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal gels. Both gave me unwanted side effects and my symptoms came back after a week with both. I have also tried douching with h202 and vinegar for 5 days but it did not cure me while taking acidiphilus tablets and inserting two vaginally. It did not cure me. Little by little the itch would come back.

After a lot of research i was determined to fight this as I have seen many women have it for years and not have any solutions. Here are my findings and I am proud to say I am bv free! I take a vitamin b complex with folic acid 800, vitamin d3 5000iu and acidiphilus daily. do some research on it and test it out, i promise you wont be disappointed

• Posted

No Dear, You unfortunately are misinformed.

Metronidazole vaginal gel for bacterial infections works like a charm. I've used it before a few years back and just picked up a prescription today. This is a very common infection that's treatable. It's simply an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina.

• Posted

I think everyone reacts a little differently to the different treatment methods.  For some pills may work, for others, probiotics, and so on...  Trying different things is a good idea.  I did the crushed up acidophilus pills in a douch bag and that worked for me (in addition to eating Greek yogurt taking an acidophilus pill daily and using a ph wash)  but I'm also not 15 years old and I think my BV was brought on by menopause
  • Posted

This is a great way for women to share a very personal problem.  I hope you find something that works for you soon..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.