Bad anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been feeling off not myself now for 2 days it's like everything I do Is a dream or something. My head is like air and I feel like I'm forgetting things. I watch a programme but I'm not into it Alls I'm thinking is what am I doing. I feel all numb and trouble sleeping. The days have all rolled into 1 and I have to think what I've done this is horrendous. I have been on citalipram for 2yrs now so don't no what else I can take to feel normal again. I've just wrote this and I'm

Thinking what have I just wrote!!! Helppp

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi aimee86612, what your experiencing is Derealization/Depersonalization not harmful at all. But the things around you don't seem real or don't look real and you feel as if your in a dream and your body goes numb don't even recognize yourself. I have experienced the same thing it's from anxiety it's the brains natural response and maybe your medication needs an upper dosage. I have experienced this too and it's scary and not fun at all! But there is a name for it and I have read forums where others have experienced this too. Hang in there it will pass and if your medication needs upping then do that.

• Posted

Thank you I took 30mg earlier this morning and feel a lot better than yesterday just worried it will come back and I'll be how I was. Just trying to stay positive. I am going out later with friends so hopefully i will be ok

• Posted

Oh your welcome if you do feel it try to creep back in just remind yourself it's all part of anxiety and if things "seem" to look like a dream state and all just remind yourself everything is still the same nothing has changed nothing looks different I'm real everything around me is real and just take deep breaths and remind yourself your ok because you ARE ok. The mind is a powerful thing and likes to play tricks on us especially us with anxiety. If you need reassurance always come here we are here for you. I've been through depersonalization and derealization and I know how it feels.

• Posted

Thank you so much it's nice to speak to someone. And yeah I do I'm thinking stay positive and it's helping feel a lot better than yesterday hopefully I will be ok when I'm out with friends in a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.