Bad headaches whilst on sertraline

Posted , 14 users are following.

I've gone up to 100mg of Sertraline 6 days ago. I had headaches whilst on 50mg but they are really bad the last week. I think they are migraines. Tight pulling sensation in forehead and across the head. Really hurts to move and even hurts to breath in through nose. Will this feeling ease ?

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I don't understand why the doctors seem to raise the dosage.  But each person is different, for now I am really doing good on just the 25mg dosage.
    • Posted

Each person is different which is why the dosage needs to be ajusted to suit the person.

I was on 150mg and ended up suicidal but it turns out Sertraline was not the med for me.

• Posted

hi michelle im on 150mg   and i dont have any side afects have you talked to the doc about this ive been taking them for 6months and im fine it might be a reaction to other things?
    • Posted

Sometimes the increase can cause anxiety or weird feelings, headaches etc...  but should taper off, i'm told?....  I'm still waiting for the tapering off process.. I still get anxiety - 

I think the dosing is a guessing game.  We all may need to try up'ing it and/or decreasing it until we get to the right amount for our needs...

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for the reassuring words. Did you have any side effects going on them ? When I went on 50mg a couple of years ago I had about a week of side effects then I felt good. Had 150 mg helped you ?
    • Posted

I did have side effects.. Just anxiety... but it's enough for me.. I'm sick of it...   I hope to God it stops soon.  I'm on 100mg...  It's only been 2 weeks on 100mg...  so it can take time....  SO i'm told sad  ... lol
    • Posted

Yes I've got anxiety to. Palpitations,feel weak and tingling over body. Not going out much so fed up and waiting
  • Posted

Hi Michelle.

i have been on Sertline for 7 months......and YES suffered with the headaches......for probably 2weeks or more? I say persavier.......

i even wrote a Help me post for those first few weeks, just awful some days a real bad head then a constant throb on one temple......did go eventually though....But if after I'd say 3 months you still don't feel right I would go to the doctor and let him /her decide if Sertline is right for you or not?

Good luck.

• Posted

Oh right. Did you have a lot of pressure in your head and back of head and nauseous feeling ?
    • Posted

I have had that feeling since last night. Pressure feeling & a lot of the pain was in the back of the head. The nausea has come & gone because of the headache. Ibuprofen helped a little, bit not completely. 

• Posted

im only on 12.5mg and i got and still get horrible side effects. do u guys feel off balance? i feel weak get anxiety panic attacks it sucks especially today i got my damn period no wonder i cried and had an out burst yesterday.

but sometimes my legs feel heavy where i have to ask my bf to help me walk to the bathroom rolleyes

• Posted

Hello Antsy Tammi, when you say off balance is it like a slight dizzy sensation, and your head fills heavy and full. Pressure would be a good way to describe it. Just wondering.
  • Posted

Hi I have been on strealine 50mg just a week and I am getting headaches and feeling sick I was going to tell the doctor to see if this is right

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.