Bad health anxiety for over a week

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else was the same as me. I've recently just begun having really bad anxiety, I've always been a worry and always since I was very young had a fear of dying. Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of morbidness in our family as we've had a few people getting ill, or dying which I believe may of triggered it off. I'm constantly feeling worried or anxious, worried that I'm ill or am going to die. I keep getting all tense, my muscles tighten mainly in my left arm, but can be both, I can't concentrate, and at times I can get extremely panicky and my heart starts thumping and I just want to run away. My brain is always making me have these horrible thoughts. So then obviously from these anxiety attacks I get symptoms which then makes me worry even more and it's just a vicious circle. Every day i wake up and feel this horrible gut wrenching feeling in my stomach, I never want to go to work because it's worse there. I went to the doctors and she put me on 10mg propranolol 3 times a day, I've been on them for a few days so will see how they go but I just want to feel normal again, I feel like I cant enjoy anything because I'm constantly worrying sad any help would be great X

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know anything about your meds, but I do know that many, maybe most anti anxiety meds, take time to really kick in. Hang in there, girl. Others will be encouraging you here. Week-ends can be slow here. Stay with us, dear one.

My anti anxiety meds are working fully now and have made a world of difference. I am also dealing with a new problem, ..thyroid problems...terrible symptoms, but I do know I have at least three weeks until fully working. I can last that long to feel back to my normal.

You might ask your doctor or pharmacist how long until your meds are fully working...it will help to have a time frame. Hugs to you Charlotte

• Posted

Hi. Will you tell me about your thyroid symptoms? I keep wondering if some of what I'm feeling is a slow thyroid.

• Posted

If your tests show low thyroid....that's easy. The doctor will give you a thyroid supplement...no side effects..and in a few weeks, numbers will be normal.

My situation is complicated. I was exhibiting symptoms of high thyroid...exhaustion, bloated tummy, no energy to do anything and my numbers read high thyroid.....but i didn't know what the other info. with the high number meant. When my doctor read the whole report he said I had low thyroid that was reading high because my pituitary gland...got the message from my brain that I was low, it told my thyroid to produce more and more thyroid into my system....so it read high and I had the symptoms of high. He put me on a thyroid supplement to build my thyroid so it would send the message to stop telling my thyroid to pour out more. i have a few more weeks until I even out.

Bottom line here, Sara, is go ask for a thyroid test, let your doctor interpret it and if it is low or high, follow his instructions.  My body was reporting a false high, when I was really low. I hope I explained it well enough for you to go let the doctor so his or her job and tell you what's going on with your thyroid.

My sister has been on thyroid meds for years for low thyroid. without it she's a mess.  Go see your expert, Honey girl

• Posted

Thanks, I totally will. I live in az and it's summer and I haven't broken a sweat even once! All my hair started falling out and that coupled with feeling cold and never "feeling" the heat when I'm outside in pants where everyone around me is in shorts, sweating, and complaining of it being soooo hot makes me think I need to get checked.

• Posted

Hair breaking off has been one of my thyroid symptoms. Let me know what your doctor says. I will be very interested, and I care how you are doing.

August in Arizona and no sweat....astounding. I used to live in Scottsdale....cooked all summer and much of the winter.

• Posted

Thank you so much for caring! So glad I found this group yesterday. Yes I will keep you posted. I'm going to make an apt tomorrow.

• Posted

Good for you , Sara. Do talk to him about the anxiety , if you haven't already.

• Posted

I am closely monitored by a psychiatrist and counselor but I didn't realize that I even HAD anxiety until this week. I've always had depression but we have never addressed anxiety.

• Posted

Bring it up. Your psychiatrist is also a medical doctor and can prescribe meds if needed. This is not the time to hold anything back. I have to remind myself of that every time I go to the doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte

Can totally sympathise going through a crappy time myself.

Iv no friends so the only person I can talk to is my mum really.

But take care and hopefully we can get back to normal selfs soon

Need inner strength to kick anxiety's arse??

• Posted

Hi Mel, totally understand. It's actually making me feel really down now and I don't want to get depressed. I've never had it like this until the last week or so, so it's all very new to me.

We'll feel better soon I'm sure! smile xoxo

• Posted

I'm having a really tough time myself at the moment as a result of breaking and dislocating my ankle which has made my anxiety and PTSD worse. I really do sympathise with you.

• Posted

Hi Luke,

Ouch sounds painful! sad hope it heals quick for you! It's just so draining as its all day every day at the minute, it can come and go but I don't necessarily have attacks I just feel anxious all the time, and my right arm can get very heavy and tense, it's all just a big circle! Hope you feel better X

• Posted

Hi Charlotte. I usually avoid people and places because of my PTSD, however I am getting anxious now as I have a hosipital appointment tomorrow for my ankle and although I need to go for my appointment, its just getting me worked up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.