Bad health anxiety for over a week

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else was the same as me. I've recently just begun having really bad anxiety, I've always been a worry and always since I was very young had a fear of dying. Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of morbidness in our family as we've had a few people getting ill, or dying which I believe may of triggered it off. I'm constantly feeling worried or anxious, worried that I'm ill or am going to die. I keep getting all tense, my muscles tighten mainly in my left arm, but can be both, I can't concentrate, and at times I can get extremely panicky and my heart starts thumping and I just want to run away. My brain is always making me have these horrible thoughts. So then obviously from these anxiety attacks I get symptoms which then makes me worry even more and it's just a vicious circle. Every day i wake up and feel this horrible gut wrenching feeling in my stomach, I never want to go to work because it's worse there. I went to the doctors and she put me on 10mg propranolol 3 times a day, I've been on them for a few days so will see how they go but I just want to feel normal again, I feel like I cant enjoy anything because I'm constantly worrying sad any help would be great X

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

So I've been feeling much better, feeling really good. Until I came back on early shifts at work yesterday, I don't know if it just a coincidence or of work is triggering it. I woke up yesterday and had butterflies again, didn't want to go to work, then after being at work a while started to get these shoulders and pains again which I haven't had for probably near a week. I didn't think I felt anxious but apparently I did, and I always do when I get to work. I'm also going on holiday tomorrow and I think I do get anxious before going away so could be that too. Just annoying because I've had a great few days finally feeling myself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.