Bad hip Replacement - Hurts to sit

Posted , 20 users are following.

I had an anterior right total hip replacement 9 months ago now and its been nothing but problems!! I just found out I have adductor tendonitis which accounts for a lot of groin pain but also it hurts when I sit.

I can feel the new joint when i sit down and i can literally feel it through my butt cheek. Has anybody else had this?

Chrissy

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 7 months on from half hip replacement and have been plagued by groin pain.  I now have a hot tingling sensation in my buttock.  I'm tired of no one being able to tell me what's wrong.  I've had an MRI which showed inflammation but it might be tendonitis or bursitis or a problem with a damaged nerve.  I'm getting a steroid injection soon.  How did they diagnose your tendonitis?

• Posted

it's a it's a mess, I won't tell you any different. I got the adductor tendonitis diagnosis from the third orthopedic surgeon I saw. The other side scene where with the same organization, the Cleveland Clinic, and they won't go against each other. You got to keep going two different doctors until somebody listens to you. I don't think any of this crap shows up on MRI. At least it didn't on mine. I'm getting a cortisone shot in the groin tomorrow so I'll let you know if that results in anything. Hope that helps

• Posted

I had a posterior THR on right side 5 weeks ago tomorrow..... I have right buttock pain that feels like a bad toothache and right upper thigh pain. Is this to be expected still 5 weeks out?  I recently met a guy who had the anterior approach done and he said he never needed pain meds and was back to work in one week. WOW!!!  Does anyone have opinions regarding anterior approach vs posterior approach for hip replacement surgery?  Thank you. 
    • Posted

Hi Jackie, i think that too early to tell...some people have it easy, others not so easy...Take your time..Chrissy
  • Posted

I understand this completely! I had my left hip replaced 12/17 and feel worse than b4 surgery. I feel the thing when I sit, I'm a left side sleeper & cannot even dream of rolling anywhere near my left hip/ thigh area bcuz it burns & hurts so bad. I know it's supposed to take awhile but I feel like they sewed a darned metal submarine inside me! While standing with my walker 1 week out of rehab my boyfriend & I heard this loud pop & I felt an excruciating pain half way down my thigh of said leg. I almost fell. We iced it..called ER, they said go to Dr. in morning. The pain subsided so did not go but made them aware & at next appt.they said nothing wrong.I now have the burning pain up my whole leg to the top of the incision, cannot put weight on my leg without feeling it's going to break or something. There is something terribly wrong! I can't even touch the area with my hand. Now my whole leg is getting red, hot & swollen. What have they done to me?? I no longer trust them. I can't even walk anymore without a walker I am in so much pain...this has ruined my life.

• Posted

Please go to different doctor...do research...I had my hip done by Cleveland Clinic and i was just one of the ones that ended up with more pain...I just finally had psoas tendonotomy after 1 year of research and seeing a bunch of idiot ortho surgeons i found one who knew his stuff...Too many doctors are doing anterior hip replacements because Hana surgery table makes it so easy and fast. Insurance still pays as high as when hip replacement was done old fashioned way where it took skill...My life is just coming around...Wasted 2 1/2 years because of this...Don't let it steal the quality of your life...keep going...you have all the tools online to search

Chrissy

• Posted

Please make an appt to see a new surgeon fast. You need to be seen asap in my opinion.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles as well. I am trying to keep my chin up and think positive but it's difficult. Ii am trying to get into a new hospital system..keep in my fingers crossed.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I am trying to get into Aspirus. Hopefully they will take me.
    • Posted

Hi Spanish Rose, I agree with other response, please get in to see qualified ortho surgeon asap.. Im in the states so I don't know what Aspirus is or what insurance situation is there but definitely make an appt.

Best...Chrissy

• Posted

I have had 4 thr (or 1 thr and 3 revisions) on the same hip. I have had a hip recalled, which gave me metal poisoning. Over the years, I have had so many health problems to include small fiber neuropathy, a form of peripheral neuropathy, in both feet and legs, restless leg syndrome in both legs, and my muscles in both legs are atrophied along with the muscle in my buttocks which has already been cut in half due the metal poisoning. I am in constant pain my buttocks now, but the doctors just tell me it is in my head. That is what they told me about the neuropathy too until I kept pursuing it until I found a doctor who knew what to test me for. Do not give up. Keep going until you find doctors who will listen. Nobody knows your body better than you do. Best of luck.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Elizabeth. I have already found the right doctor Who did tendon release so I no longer have the groin pain. And as far as the butt pain it's very much reduced by going into the jacuzzi couple times a week, and MRI of the lumbar found that all that was coming from my back I most likely never needed to have a hip replacement. Thank you so much for your concern and care I wish you the very best of health and we'll just keep going on

• Posted

I just had my hip replacement and I am having alot of trouble setting down it hurts in my but cheek also!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.