Bad thoughts!!!!!! Help!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anybody have dark thoughts about the future? I mean I used to have no problem planning ahead and just assuming I would be around to do whatever I was planning. Now I think "hopefully I'll be alive". I'm feel afraid to plan ahead.

5 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Juanita,

Yes ,me too, I still plan things,but constantly feel I won't be around to do them. I have trips planned for February and March which I organised in September,as the dates get closer, I still feel detached from it all. I guess I will be around for them,but I'm not excited and feel indifferent to it all, like it belongs to someone else, the old me.

• Posted

I get it. Me and six other ladies are going to see "Menopause the Musical" at a local dinner theater. It's in June. I almost declined. But I thought maybe I'll get a laugh or two out of it.

• Posted

Didn't even bother going in to work today.

• Posted

So sorry. What symptoms kept you off? I'm a stay home mom and don't know how i could possibly swing a job outside of my house. I struggle at times just to keep up with my kids.

• Posted

Tummy troubles and just feeling like I can't deal with people. I just feel pathetic and low. Thank you for asking. I don't think I'm going tomorrow either. Didn't help that I missed church Sunday and just watched the sermon online. It was basically about preparing for death.

• Posted

I just posted this on another forum but do any of you ladies feel a gush of weepiness when getting out of bed and moving around? It's so weird. If i stay in bed and read and work on things from bed then i'm fairly ok. Then i get out of bed and start moving around and it's as if i can feel the emotions rising. I start to cry, get emotional, feel despair and overwhelmed and then I can usually feel it lift after an hour or so...usually. am I the only one who experiences this? I get shaky ends jittery too in the morning as soon as ibget out of bed. This comes and goes as well. Had blood sugar tested many times and no diabetes. This seems to come with weepiness.

• Posted

My mow moods used to be in the mornings. I was having rebound depression from being on antidepressant too long. Today just couldnt deal. My outlook on life is so bleak.

• Posted

Yes Juanita I too wonder what my future holds. I have depression related to a fib running my life and the vulvodynia that is causing so much pain 24/7. I have to fight the depression every day. Without much support.
  • Posted

I feel for us all. I am exactly the same. My symptoms are very unpredictable. And always something new pops up. My peri is very creative in finding ways to scare me... Most of my friends are much younger, going places and doing things all the time. I used to be the one to initiate adventures and trips, now days I just cancel all the time as I am never sure whether I' ll be in working condition or not. On a hopeful note: I discovered Ashawagandha a couple of months ago and I can positively say that it is the only herb up to now (and I ve experimented a lot trying all sorts of natural remedies) that has REALLY helped especially with my moods and energy. I take two pills in the morning with breakfast and I take 5htp at night. I feel energized and positive during the day and I don t wake up in the middle of the night with all sorts of irrational, racing thoughts any more. Still.... I do have bad days, like today for example that I woke up with cold flashes and getting ready for work feels like a colossal task. Overall, however, I feel much, much better than I used to. Ashwagandha is the best thing that happened to me this year.  I' d be interested to hear other women's experiences with the herb. 

• Posted

Just goes to show how different we all are smile i tried ashwagandha for several months and I could not tell any difference. So glad you did tho!
    • Posted

Like Lisa said it just shows how different we are. Ashwagandha didn't really help me either. But I have heard other ladies say it did wonders for them. It just all depends on our chemical makeup. I was on Trazodone for three years until it stops working(or so I thought). My doctor prescribed 20mg of Prozac. After two days, I stopped taking it. I also stopped the Trazodone. I was waking up depressed. One of the side effects of being on an antidepressant is rebound depression. Some people get it some don't, Like Lisa said we're all different. These SSRI drugs like Prozac, Zoloft, etc. have such horrible side effects when you first start taking them. I've heard if you can make it though the first two to six weeks they're ok. I was feeling bad already, I just couldn't take feeling worse. 

• Posted

Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.  The insomnia night sweats and moods have been awful these last 2 months. I am finding it hard to cope. I am running a business with all this going on the doctors have gave me sleeping tablets as just had a marina coil removed.  So cant start me on treatment fir 4 weeks, am going down the herbal route its the no sleeping i cant cope with. X 
  • Posted

Hi guys looking for advice, am 36 n just been diagnosed with peri menopause on monday.  The insomnia night sweats and moods have been awful these last 2 months. I am finding it hard to cope. I am running a business with all this going on the doctors have gave me sleeping tablets as just had a marina coil removed.  So cant start me on treatment fir 4 weeks, am going down the herbal route its the no sleeping i cant cope with. X 
    • Posted

Hi Laura. I'm sorry you are feeing so poorly. I can't really give you much advice since I am postmenopausal. Peri wasn't a hard time for me except for the heavy periods. Right now menopause is a mental nightmare for me, I'm also still working, so I couldn't imagine running a business and dealing with it. Just try to be good to yourself as much as you can. Pray and meditate, take walks. I came to menopause later because my estrogen level was high enough that even though I stopped my period in 2010, I had no symptoms until 2014, and I've been struggling a bit since then. Mine has mostly been with mild depression, anxiety, crazy thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I've had physical symptoms too, frozen shoulder, ears ringing, dry eyes, etc. I just wish there was a pill to make it all go away!rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.