Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) & IBS

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anyone tried this home remedy?  I'm getting desparate.  Thanx.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi frazzled. I have lived with IBS for over 6 yrs. What works for me is Metimusal. I use the orange powder form daily. I have figured out over the years that acidic foods are killer for me (canned tomatoes, coffee, cabbage etc.
    • Posted

Hi darlene   Thanx for your post.  I tried Metimusal but got an instant gag reaction so no more of that.  My doc recommended MirLax for IBS-C and Imodium for IBS -D, since I experience both.  I too know that the foods you mentioned (along with coffee) are no nos but I can't give them up.  I'm Italian and German (must have tomatos and cabbage) smile  What I suspect is that my system is basically acidic and I want to find out if that is true.  I remember my grandfather (mother's father) drinking baking soda mixed in water every day. Too bad I don't know why.  Looks like a test for my pH is in order since I have my mind fixation on that. 

• Posted

hi I'm wondering if the baking soda helpsa I have bleeding ulcers colitis diverticulitis ibs and I haverage bacteria in my gut from hpylor it's feels raw inside I'm so afraid of stomach cancer I'm still fighting disability for almost five years now

• Posted

Try trophology . Changed my life. Really effective for me. Search online for more details.

• Posted

every time i take this i just burp ridiculously....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.