Balance Issues in Menopause

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone deal with balance issues on a daily basis in menopause?  

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes!!! Everyday all day off and on sometimes it's not so bad other times it's real bad I've been dealing with it for three years

• Posted

Me three Pamela!  I’m an established Realtor for a living who walks thru all kinds of properties all day long.  From high rise condos to restaurants.  I feel like a bouncing ball!!  I’m told it’s due to hormone fluculations but it sure is challenging!!!!  This symptom is one of my biggest complaints.  
    • Posted

Do you notice yours is worse in enclosed rooms and smaller spaces...and dark rooms? My off balance feeling seems a little better outside or in bright, open spaces...so strange. Wonder if anyone else can relate.
    • Posted

It depends.  If there’s a lot of action going on like in a busy restaurant, that makes it worse.  If more of a peaceful open space, I’m okay.  Smaller spaces can be bothersome.
  • Posted

Not on a daily basis, but definitely have days of this and also of being so clumsy.
  • Posted

Holy crap!! I'm going through this as we speak! Actually for the last 2 years!!   But, this past month really bad! In fact, I'm sitting here now having a panic attack because of it!!😪😪.  And my legs don't feel like my own legs!! Jelly legs I like to call it!  I feel I have to hold on to things to walk!!!!     You are not alone!!!💕🙏🙏

• Posted

Mines been going on for over 2 years, Pam.  I, too, get panic attack’s from it.  Makes me mad and sad as it has stolen a lot of my joy from me.  
    • Posted

I feel for you, Pam.  My legs feel the same way... like they are jelly.  
    • Posted

Makes me mad and sad, too, Nattie😪 I just sit in my recliner dreading when I have to get up .. hard to take care of my family ...💕🙏

• Posted

Sorry, I spelt your name wrong 💕

• Posted

Had it for 2 months and it stopped it scared me I thought I had miniere disease then I did am mri and it turn out to be normal in my case it caused my tinnutus to get worse so I was panicking and anxious in the same time. I can say it get better but the anxiety never did
    • Posted

I thought I had miniere , too.. of course I googled and scared the crap out of me.. I have tinnitus , also...   fun fun fun 😪

• Posted

I had it so bad when it started I cried everyday and held onto walls to walk went on like that for a very long time then it eased up and wasn't so severe like that but it's never went away

• Posted

Really affects my eyes.  They feel tight.  I lose my place in space.  So strange, Pam.  
    • Posted

Me too Pamela...in fact tonight my husband asked me why I was holding on things to walk... bed, counter, etc...  and then of course I start crying..😪  Not boo hooing.. just teary....  ??

• Posted

I feel so very sorry for you, girl!  It’s very dibilitating. 
    • Posted

You’re fortunate it only lasted two months.  The anxiety is awful.  I’m so sorry you have to go through this part yet.  
    • Posted

Pam, do you have issues with your eyes?  Like do they feel tight and does it feel at times like your brain isn’t caught up with what your eyes are seeing.  This too throws my balance off and makes me feel panicky.  All of this is so strange.  
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same and it seems to effect my eyes too. Do you feel like your eyes are being pulled out their sockets ? Also this off balance feeling makes me feel I’m on a slow moving escalated then I feel nauseas. I’ve had this on and off since going into menopause three years ago but today’s not been a good, I went out for a walk at work to see if I’d feel better but no different. I’m trying to ignore it (who am I kidding) then I don’t get anxious. I can relate to all you ladies and it’s not in a good way I wish we were all writing positive stuff but this forum has helped me so much, we must support one another as doctors don’t appear to know what to do with us. I Keep on smiling and pretend everything’s ok but what I really want to do is hide in a cupboard and come out when it’s all over 😢??. Sending you all a comforting hug x

• Posted

Totally feels like my eyes are being pulled out of their sockets.  No one has answers.  So darn strange!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.