Balance Issues in Menopause

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone deal with balance issues on a daily basis in menopause?  

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

YES! It's affecting my driving and everything! ALL of my senses are very accute. I've always been an extremely empathetic person. Terrible thing to go through! My hubby is getting me some cannabis oil. I have found that "numbing" the senses is what has worked for me. Was taking ativan years ago for anxiety. It runs in the family. All of my mom's side had a hysterectomy and told me to do the same. HRT therapy and fine. Seeing my gyn in 2 weeks and going to ask for that. Do believe that IS the answer! The withdrawal from anti anxiety meds is the exact same thing as my menopause symptoms!

• Posted

So good to read this! I've had these balance issues for over a year now. Mine seems worse from my period up until mid cycle ..after mid cycle it gets a bit better most months. Sometimes it feels like when the elevator stops and the floor kinda sinks...so scary! I went to all kinds of dr's, neurologist, etc....nothing. This is one of my most hated symptoms...along with the anxiety and depression. Sorry ladies you are going thru this. Thanks for posting on here. It helps for us to read and know we're not alone.

• Posted

The elevator comparison is very accurate.  It really affects my eyes too.  They feel really tight and like their not tracking right.  Like my brain isn’t caught up with what my eyes are seeing.  Menopause is not pleasant.  Been to all kinds of doctors to get checked out, and all say nothing’s wrong.  
  • Posted

Yes, I had it for about three months, the only reason why I didn't freak out(not too much anyway) was because I remembered my cousin telling me she had it really bad during menopause. She would be walking beside someone and she said the next thing she knew she would walking into them or knocking them off the sidewalk or into a wall.

?I hope it's gone for good, sometimes menopause symptoms will go away and you think you're over the hump and it reappears, or a new symptom replaces it. But we as women must depend on God and soldier on. (((((hugs)))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.