Balance problems, HELP!!

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi girls I've been posting on here for a while and last week have raised some issues regarding my balance and the lack of knowledge and understanding from any dr I've seen.

Long story short, went to dr last Thursday, he always maintains that my dizziness/off balance problem is due to anxiety. I told the dr I have been speaking to others on this forum who have similar symptoms and problems with their balance and it has to be recognised as part of meno

After a good chat with the GP, he read through my blood tests which were done in July this year, he said that my estrogen was so low that he would consider me now menopausal, estrogen was less than 70 (what ever that means) fsh 76.

Anyway, he said that the menopause sometimes causes some woman to develope benign positional vertigo and that it should settle with time. He said normally by the age of 55 things would be better....I'm only 51, will be 52 in Feb πŸ™‰πŸ™ˆ don't think I could suffer this for a long period

Dr had taken more bloods as I asked for progesterone to be checked as well as estrogen

I've made another appointment to discuss the results but another dr told me briefly over the phone that the estrogen and progesterone have both came back low even though I've been taking livial HRT for 3 months

I went on the internet last night browsing looking at hormone levels and was redirected to another website as I typed in dizziness and OMG I've been in such a state since

I'm wondering if any of you ladies can help if you Google MdDS, it's a balance condition and please tell me that my balance problems will be hormone related

I'm staggering around today balance terrible and feel woozy just unbalanced

I'd be grateful for any help or reassurance

Thanks xx

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Brenda, I am 56 and just into 4 month period free. Awful hot flashes and night sweats, feeling disorientated. A few nights ago I was coming out of my bedroom and for some reason ended up walking into wall on my left. I have noticed since that I can't seem to walk in a straight line I seem to be walking to left, totally imbalanced. I am not drunk and just feel strange xx

Β 

• Posted

Hi juleann, don't worry about it it's just a symptom of peri or meno

It's the hormones fluctuating apparently narrows the blood vessels to the brain amongst other things

Hopefully it won't be long lasting and you'll feel better soon

All the best

Brenda xx

• Posted

I hate this whole thing. I get little dizzy spells or vertigo. I cant atand it. Scares the daylights out of me. it goes away for weeks then i feel terrible for a bit. I have been doing this four years now. Im in menapause now. The peri part was way worse. I just would love this to balance out already. My husband doesnt seem to care and just passes it over and i end up all aggravated as i still need to get everything done. Men should go through this too, its not fun. My cousin keeps telling me it does get better but it does take years, i do have friends going thru the same dizzy, vertigo bouts and off balance too. I have optic pallor nerve diagnosis as of a couple of years as well so its all just enough.. I want to feel normal already and go about Β my days without all this hormonal stuff. I used no hrt at all. Just flowing with nature. I just thought when i made it to actual menapause this would all be done. But i guess not. Its a bit friegtning once in a while. I just keep telling myself i am healthy and this is just nature and it will all pass.and it does. I know it does.
    • Posted

love your way of thinking i to try my best to tell myself it's just nature taking it's course i thank god for this site if i had not found this i think i would be in the er daily lol thanking god for you allΒ 
  • Posted

hi brendababy

I know this was 4 ago but wondered if your any better ..I'm where you were at 4 yr ago and my stress is crazy making everything 100x worse πŸ˜• wondered if you could give me some hope that things get better ..my go is absolutely useless n causing me to stress more

• Posted

hi Brenda baby, I'm going through the same thing as you with my balance I'm 52 and been going thru menopause and the feeling off balance thing just started about 2 weeks ago, at first I was frightened cus I didn't know what was happening and Also I get dizzy and lightheaded..I was wondering how you're doing now with your symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.