Ban Mirtazapine? Thoughts?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Having been on Mirtazapine for 12 months - and having read extensively about the drug and it’s effects both going on it - being on it and withdrawing from it - does anyone else agree it simply shouldn’t be prescribed? 

I’ve read the posts on the forums here too and we all seem to have such an awful time with it. 

I’ve just reduced from 30mg to 15mg my GP advised cold turkey ! “Sure you’ll feel truly awful - but get it over and done with “ 🤨

Just thinking out loud .... 

2 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been cold turkey all week. Feeling great with the exception of not being able to sleep and I'm peeing for England. Though I'm managing going to work. I feel refreshed. Hopefully there won't be a dip but Ile be ready for it. I'm doing it alone as I'm sure everyone will be looking for a change in me. Hope this helps as this drug is awful.

• Posted

From what dose ? Beware withdrawals can take weeks to kick in. Hope they won t.
    • Posted

Hope you continue to do just fine. Let us know as I’d like to get of this med sooner than later 

Thx

• Posted

Well done Peter, it doesn't matter if/ when you have withdrawals, as you said " your ready for it" life is much better without them. All the best 👍

• Posted

How u getting on im comin off them too im ok so far but interested too see how your doing im tapeeing tho was too frightened to go cold turkey x
    • Posted

Hello. So far so good. I'm already back to my normal self. I'm still taking the beta blocker in a morning but feel genuinely great. Mood is back to normal though this maybe due to the fact that I have tied up a few loose ends in my life that were also causing me grief. I am sure the tabs were making me I'll not better. However I'm sure there are people out there that need them so cold turkey is not for everyone.

• Posted

That’s brilliant peter! Well done - me too feel mood has transformed as you say feel fresh in the mornings - must admit I open one eye first expecting the dread of the day to arrive - but nothing so far - hope we escape with no side effects !
    • Posted

I was advised to take magnesium tabs and a multi vitamin - so been taking one of each per day since stopping - not sure if doing any good but I’d rather be on anything but Mirt 
    • Posted

Sorry vitamin b complex not multi vit 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.